Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Pullman, Washington
Currently, the US is experiencing a dire drug epidemic, and Pullman, Washington has not been spared. As a result, the need for drug testing facilities to help stay on top of drug use has increased. Although it can be a challenge to find a suitable drug testing facility in Pullman, there are plenty of resources available for individuals, employers, and others who suspect that someone they love is addicted to drugs or alcohol.
If someone you know is reluctant to take a drug test, that could be a sign that the person is suffering from a substance use disorder. In that case, know that help is available. There are many substance abuse treatment programs Pullman residents can use, including The Recovery Village.
Pullman Drug Testing Centers
Pullman has many drug testing centers for those who are looking for one. That said, since there are so many options, it may be a bit difficult to find one that best suits your needs. That is why it is important to understand the types of drug testing centers that are out there so you will have an easier time finding the right one.
Tests administered at drug screening facilities usually vary based on the types of drugs being tested for and the types of specimens collected. The majority of drug tests screen for the presence of drugs from five different categories, including opiates, cocaine, marijuana, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines. Some Pullman drug testing centers may also administer more powerful drug tests to screen for the presence of other types of drugs, such as barbiturates, alcohol, and benzodiazepines. The reason for the drug test will help determine the strength of the test and the number of substances being screened.
Different specimens can be collected for the purpose of drug testing, including the following:
- Urine – This is the most common type of specimen collected for drug testing because it is simple, quick, and non-invasive. Urine is tested for the presence of metabolites that are produced by the metabolism after a substance is ingested and is then eliminated from the body through urine. Urine tests measure the level of such metabolites to assess any drug or alcohol use.
- Saliva – Saliva is also a very popular substance that is tested because it is quick and easy and provides immediate results. However, the use of saliva is only good for a short window of time, so if too much time elapses, saliva will not be able to detect drug use.
- Blood – Blood provides the most accurate and reliable results of drug use. However, because of its high cost and invasive nature, it is not used very often.
- Hair – Hair can provide a more permanent record of drug use because metabolites that are created enter the blood vessels in the scalp and are then filtered out through the hair. These metabolites stay in the hair.
- Sweat – This is a newer type of drug testing and involves affixing a patch on an individual for two weeks. During this time, the patch will pick up on any drugs or alcohol through perspiration. Pullman medical professionals will then carefully examine the patch once it arrives at the drug testing center.
Reputable drug testing facilities typically have a few characteristics in common, including the following:
- Accuracy -Drug testing centers must be completely accurate and correct in their results. The best way to ensure the drug testing facility is up to par is to check with the Department of Health and Human Services to see if the center is certified. You can use the comprehensive list of certified drug testing centers through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- Privacy – The results of a drug test are very sensitive and can damage a person’s personal and professional life. For this reason, it is important to choose a drug testing center that is professional enough to keep the results of a drug test private and out of the hands of those who are unauthorized.
- Speed – Time is typically of the essence for most drug tests, and as such, it is important that the drug testing facility is able to produce results very quickly.
- Experience – Testing from an experienced facility means you can depend on the results and put your trust in the professionals to ensure a seamless process.
There are many reasons why a drug test may need to be administered, including the following:
- Annual Physical
- Sporting events
Finding Quality Drug Testing Facilities in Pullman
There are several resources that you can tap into in order to find a reliable Pullman drug testing center near you, including the following:
- Your general practitioner
- Your insurance company
- Your friends and family
- Online reviews and recommendations
Alternatively, you may call The Recovery Village and speak to one of our representatives who will be able to direct you to a reputable drug testing facility near you. Reach out to a representative today.