Located in Cowlitz County, Castle Rock, Washington is often described as the “Gateway to Mount St. Helens.” It’s at the base of the mountain and its part of the region of Washington state known as “timber country,” since it is part of a Pacific rain forest. Castle Rock is named after a volcanic rock that formed over the Cowlitz River and soars 190 feet.
Unfortunately, like other places in Washington, there has been an uptick in substance abuse in Castle Rock and surrounding Cowlitz County in recent years. According to the Cowlitz County Community Report Card, death rates related to drugs and alcohol are higher in the county than in other areas of the state.
Local, statewide and national resources are available if you or someone you love would benefit from substance abuse treatment. Examples of the types of treatment programs available in Washington and nationwide include supervised detox programs, residential rehab, and support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous.
Castle Rock Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation and Treatment
There are different types of drug and alcohol rehabilitation and treatment programs available. These may include:
- Supervised detox. Many drugs, as well as alcohol, lead to dependency. This is a physiological response to the ongoing use of drugs and alcohol. When you’re dependent on a substance, you will usually have withdrawal symptoms as you detox. Supervised detox can help mitigate symptoms.
- Residential rehab. A residential rehab program is one where patients live on-site during treatment. Treatment can include different types of therapy, recreational treatment, and often nutritional counseling and general wellness therapy.
- Partial hospitalization programs. This type of rehab is intensive and similar to inpatient rehab but patients don’t stay the night at the treatment center.
- Outpatient rehab. During an outpatient program, there is a sense of flexibility. A person in outpatient treatment can continue to live their daily life but also attends treatment sessions as scheduled.
- Support groups. Often part of an aftercare plan following rehab, support and recovery groups, including 12-step programs like AA and NA, as well as alternatives can help you stay sober. One such alternative is SMART Recovery.
Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs and Treatment Centers in Castle Rock, WA
Someone seeking drug and alcohol detox programs and treatment centers has the option to stay near Castle Rock or to travel out-of-state. There are 50 programs offering substance abuse treatment within 50 miles of Castle Rock. This includes The Recovery Village Ridgefield. Other cities and towns where there are substance abuse programs near Castle Rock include Longview, Kelso and Chehalis.