The Recovery Village is honored to serve veterans as part of the VA Community Care Network.
The CCN gives veterans greater choice over their behavioral health care. We work with the VA to help veterans receive high-quality, specialized treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders at our facilities.
What Is the Community Care Network (CCN)?
The Community Care Network (CCN) is a network of private health care providers that gives veterans access to care outside of VA medical facilities. The VA can schedule appointments on the veteran’s behalf, or the veteran can request treatment at a treatment center of their choosing within the network, like The Recovery Village.
Working with Your VA Benefits
Through our partnership with the VA, our Veteran Advocates help you navigate your health insurance benefits and Community Care eligibility. We’ll work with you every step of the way to make the approval process as seamless as possible and get you high-quality, professional addiction treatment for veterans.
Are You a Veteran?
Let us know you’re a veteran when you call. We’ll get you specialized support to meet your needs.
VA Community Care Eligibility
Veterans only need to meet one of six criteria to be eligible for care within the CCN:
- The veteran needs a service that’s not available at a VA medical facility.
- The veteran lives in a U.S. state or territory without a full-service VA medical facility.
- The VA cannot provide care within designated driving time and wait time standards.
- Receiving care in the CCN is in the veteran’s best medical interest.
- A VA service line does not meet certain quality standards.
- The veteran qualifies under the “Grandfather” provision related to distance eligibility for VCP.
It’s important to remember that your eligibility for community care depends on your personal health care needs and circumstances:
- You’ll need approval from the VA prior to starting care with us, in most circumstances.
- VA staff members generally make all eligibility decisions.
- You must be enrolled in VA health care or be eligible for VA care without enrolling.
Veteran Recovery Is Our Mission
The Recovery Village is an industry-leading treatment provider for addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Experienced clinicians: Our clinicians are specially trained in trauma-informed care, military culture and treating veteran-specific addiction and mental health needs.
- Dual diagnosis: We treat addiction and mental health disorders like PTSD, anxiety or depression simultaneously for a better recovery.
- EMDR: A revolutionary treatment available at several facilities, EMDR therapy alleviates mental pain and emotional recession from trauma, which can lead to better outcomes for your addiction.
- FORTITUDE: Our specialty track for veterans and first responders at select facilities puts you in exclusive group therapy sessions with your peers.
If you’re a veteran struggling with alcohol or drug addiction, our Veteran Advocates can help you navigate your VA health insurance and get you the help you need.
The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.