The state of Washington is not immune to the drug crisis in America. For people who struggle with drug or alcohol addiction, getting help sooner rather than later is imperative.
Starting a drug and alcohol rehabilitation process can be challenging for individuals, loved ones, family and friends. Recovery is a big step in the right direction and this page shares current recovery resources available in or near Richland, Washington and the surrounding areas.
Richland Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation and Treatment
For people who are near Richland or considering relocating for treatment for addiction or substance abuse, there are several choices currently available.
A variety of treatment programs include inpatient, partial hospitalization and outpatient options. Additionally, rehab programs and resources are available nearby the city of Richland. The Recovery Village Ridgefield is a nearby treatment center in Washington that has a variety of helpful resources available.
An understanding and awareness of the types of programs near Richland, Washington, is important to determine which type of program will be most helpful.
Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs and Treatment Centers in Richland, WA
For anyone who needs addiction treatment, it is valuable to know the recovery programs and what to expect during the rehab process.
The first step on the path to recovery is a drug and alcohol detox. Whether it’s medically assisted or otherwise, detox sets the pace for other treatment programs. Detox cleanses the body of drugs and alcohol to begin a healthy recovery process.
Currently, there is a nearby detox treatment center in Kennewick, Washington approximately four miles away. The Recovery Village Ridgefield also has a standalone center entirely devoted to medical detox care.
Residential treatment provides 24-hour nursing staff monitoring and supervision as well as an opportunity to change your surroundings and environment to progress toward your goal.
Residential treatment supplies an ongoing review of treatment goals, including drug addiction treatment, as well as serves inpatient alcohol rehab needs and more. Residential treatment is similar to an inpatient rehab facility that includes daily group therapy highlighting the below topics to provide support along the journey.
Currently, there are no residential treatment programs in the city of Richland, however, there is one substance abuse treatment facility in Pasco, Washington, a nearby metro area.
A partial hospitalization program is designed to improve a person’s ability to function in their daily life. Dedicated clinicians will assess if this program is the best path to take toward recovery. The program includes personalized individual therapy, group, recreational and or family therapy.
Partial hospitalization programs usually include:
- Consistent evaluation and treatment
- Meeting with a psychiatric provider for medication management
- Reviews on progress toward treatment goals
Currently, there are no partial hospitalization programs in the city of Richland, however, there are one partial hospitalization programs in Pasco, the closest metro area.
If you or a loved one are in search of an option to live at home and participate in treatment, an outpatient center may be the most beneficial option for you. This program allows you to live at home or in a sober living community, which allows you to continue a job and daily responsibilities.
Daily sessions with a therapist or clinical staff are available as needed in the beginning. Typical outpatient programs will last between one to three months.
Outpatient care can include weekly:
- One-on-one therapy sessions
- Medication management
- Nutritional guidance
- Relapse prevention resources
- Sober living housing arrangements, if needed
Additionally, outpatient drug treatment programs are available when you are physically well enough to sustain without 24-hour care. A supportive program like intensive outpatient treatment or partial hospitalization may be a great step beforehand. Keep in mind everyone’s journey is different and ultimately, outpatient drug treatment is designed to help you work toward long-term sobriety.
Currently, there are no outpatient treatment programs in the city of Richland, however, there is one outpatient treatment facility in Pasco, the closest metro area.
Sober Living and Rehab Aftercare Programs in Richland, WA
Staying strong and determined during the journey to sober living is easier with support and continuing care resources. Sober living and rehab aftercare program are for people who are committed to sobriety and are consistent on their journey to full recovery.
Aftercare is for people who have accomplished completing a recovery program and are prepared to transition back into their community. It’s important to remain in a rehab aftercare program and receive as-needed assistance to actively pursue sober living.
Some aftercare facilities resources may include:
- Case management: The case manager’s role in drug rehab aftercare programs and sober living programs is simply to be there during times of need. They can help provide guidance through the legal system, assistance with childcare and the search for affordable housing.
- Relapse prevention therapy: Even in sober living homes, there may be a need for relapse prevention therapy. This therapy teaches a set of skills to recognize and understand triggers and how to effectively handle them without reverting to previous addictive behavior.
- Rehab alumni programs: Being active and involved in a rehab aftercare program could also include staying active and connected with a support system. Available rehab alumni programs are there to give you the motivation needed to continue your journey of sober living.
Currently, there are no sober living and rehab aftercare programs in the city of Richland. However, there are three sober living and rehab aftercare programs in Pasco. The programs include relapse prevention, motivational interviewing and brief intervention. Additionally, there is one aftercare program in Ridgefield, a nearby city.
Specialized Treatment Programs in Richland, WA
Specialized treatment programs cater to different challenges and needs, and the approach to the recovery journey is personalized to the needs from a particular lifestyle or experience. Being involved in a specialized treatment program can add an extra element in combination with a general treatment program for enhanced personalized impact. A variety of specialized treatment programs include rehab for pregnant women, rehab for teens and more.
Specialized treatment programs include:
- A specialized rehab for LGBT is extremely important in the recovery journey. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), studies show that up to 30% of the LGBT community may be in need of assistance with substance abuse. A specialized program treats LGBT specific needs and desires towards sobriety. Learn more about the importance of rehab for LGBT specialized treatment programs here.
- A treatment program offering rehab for veterans addresses the tough experiences faced while serving the country. Their experiences may have led to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), substance abuse and more. A survey of 1,120 soldiers discovered 25% had misused alcohol. It’s important to understand the reasons why a person struggles with substance abuse and available resources to help. Learn more about the importance of rehab for veterans here.
- A specialized rehab for PTSD helps veterans and anyone else who has experienced trauma. Learn more about the importance of rehab for PTSD here.
Currently, there are no specialized treatment programs in the city of Richland, however, there is one specialized treatment program for people who have experienced trauma in Pasco, the closest metro area. Additionally, there is one specialized treatment program for people who experienced sexual abuse or trauma in Ridgefield, a nearby city.
What Is the Process Like in a Drug Detox and Rehab Facility?
The drug treatment process includes a drug detox in a rehab facility. The process includes quite a few steps to help start a recovery journey strong. A drug detox allows your body to cleanse from drugs or alcohol. During this process, psychological and physical reactions happen to restore the body. The process includes evaluation, detoxification and planning for further treatment.
- Evaluation: An evaluation by a medical professional is necessary to plan and execute a detoxification program. A specific assessment could include blood tests, co-occurring condition screening, psychological and risk assessment and more.
- Detoxification: Detoxification focuses on medically stabilizing the body. To reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms, staff carefully monitors people during the detox process.
- Further Treatment: The third step is planning for future treatment. After stabilization, clients focus on learning recovery skills and regaining a life without substance abuse. After detox, clients can transition to inpatient care and other forms of treatment.
Learn more about the drug treatment process in a rehab facility here.
Finding the Best Rehab Program For You
The best drug rehab centers program may be more prevalent than you think. However, there are many attributes of the best rehab centers to consider before selecting the appropriate program for you.
When looking for a treatment center you will need to explore how to find the best rehab center near you. You should ask facilities appropriate questions until you have a complete understanding of the environment, culture and how the center can help.
What Questions Should You Ask When Considering a Treatment Program?
Consider asking the following questions to determine a treatment program that is best for you or a loved one.
What types of insurance do you accept?
It is a relief to understand if your treatment will be covered by insurance. Many facilities accept private pay rates in the scenario where your insurance does not apply to your treatment. Contact the facility if you are unsure about your insurance plans.
Do you have a visitor screening process and visitor rules?
Relocating or traveling out of town for your treatment program may make you wonder if you can have visitors. All visitation arrangements may be made through communication with your therapist.
How do you determine the appropriate treatment for each person?
Many treatment centers meet a variety of treatment needs on an individual basis. Treating each individual’s needs is important to determine a healthy recovery journey while in treatment.
What do I bring to rehab?
Before you enroll in treatment, intake coordinators normally provide a list of any personal needs or clothing appropriate to bring. Personal cell phones and computers are usually not permitted during treatment.
Discover more commonly asked questions on rehab by exploring the frequently asked questions page.
Exploring Treatment Options Near Richland, WA
If you are considering a drug abuse treatment center near the city of Richland, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons. More specifically, the decision to travel for treatment has benefits to consider along the recovery journey.
Possible pros include:
- Moving to Richland for treatment? It will help you escape normal surroundings that may be harmful to your recovery journey.
- Seeing a new city and exploring areas in Richland at the appropriate time in your recovery journey can be enlightening.
- Leaving friends and family temporarily can have a positive impact.
- No distractions during your recovery journey.
Some cons may include:
- Arranging to leave work or school.
- It can be difficult to separate from loved ones.
- You’re not confident in succeeding at recovery in a new location.
Additional Addiction and Rehabilitation Resources in Richland, WA
In addition to treatment programs, there are additional addiction and rehabilitation resources near Richland. To easily locate additional places, you can use the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s treatment locator tool. It features an interactive map to filter options for substance abuse treatment, mental health counseling, health care centers and more.
Recovery Meetings Near You in Richland, WA
There are several options for recovery meetings near the Richland area. Engaging in social support is important for recovery during and after the process to remain healthy. Social support has amazing benefits to help you along your recovery journey that keeps you engaged and supported.
Some groups available include:
Local AA Meetings
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) is one of the nation’s oldest support group meetings and is open to anyone who struggles with alcohol abuse.
Richland Group Fellowship Hall
1924 Saint St., Richland, WA 99354
RFG Women’s Meeting
1924 Saint St., Richland, WA 99354
1422 S. 3rd Ave., Yakima WA 98902
(Approximately 10 minutes from Richland, WA)
Local NA Meetings
Like AA, Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings are open to anyone who struggles with drug abuse (other than alcohol abuse).
First Lutheran Church
418 N. Yelm St., Kennewick, WA 99336
Kennewick Baptist Church
2425 W. Albany Ave., Kennewick, WA 99336
Saint Joseph’s Catholic Church
520 S. Garfield St., Kennewick, WA 99336
(Approximately 15 minutes from Richland, WA)
Local SMART Recovery Meetings
A secular alternative to AA and NA, SMART Recovery helps people heal from substance abuse and addiction.
Sunday at 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Meeting #: 563
Richland Community Center
500 Amon Park Dr., Richland, Washington 99352, USA
Wednesday 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Meeting #: 4318
Richland Community Center
500 Amon Park Dr., Richland, Washington 99352, USA
Non-Profit Organizations in Richland, WA
As well as 12-step programs, there are non-profit organizations offering help and assistance to people who struggle with substance abuse. A non-profit organization may be helpful before, during or after a general treatment program. They normally serve as a safe place to help you stay healthy along the recovery journey.
City of Richland, WA
Richland is in Benton County, which is located in southeastern Washington near Yakima and the Columbia Rivers. According to the Census Bureau in July 2017, the city’s population is approximately 56,243 along with the nearby cities of Pasco and Kennewick.
Richland’s main airport is called Richland Airport (RLD) which is approximately three miles away from the center of the city. The city’s exact location is 46.2804° N, 119.2752° W.