Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Gig Harbor, Washington
The ongoing drug problem across America is also evident in Gig Harbor. To combat this epidemic, drug testing facilities are available in the city for personal and professional purposes. While there are a lot of Gig Harbor drug testing centers from which to choose, there are resources available to help anyone in the area who has fallen victim to an addiction.
There are representatives available in Gig Harbor to help residents locate drug testing facilities near them. If a person is unduly apprehensive about taking a drug test, this may be because of a substance use disorder. However, you should know that there is a wide range of professional substance abuse treatment programs in the Gig Harbor area that can help you if that is the case, including The Recovery Village. You can contact our intake coordinators at any time to learn more.
Gig Harbor Drug Testing Centers
There are many drug testing facilities to choose from in Gig Harbor. It can save you a lot of time to know exactly what type of test you need.
Gig Harbor drug testing centers commonly screen for five different drug categories which consist of opiates, cocaine, amphetamines, marijuana, and phencyclidine (PCP). The type of tests carried out will vary on two key factors: the substance being tested and the specimen used to test for it.
When called for, there are Gig Harbor drug testing centers that can conduct stronger tests for additional categories of drugs like ethanol (alcohol), benzodiazepines, and barbiturates. The specimen collected and the strength of test will vary depending on the desired outcome of the test.
The following are the most commonly used specimens for drugs testing:
- Urine: Urine is the most used specimen at drug testing facilities in Gig Harbor. This testing is common as it evaluates drug or alcohol use from metabolites that the body creates after a substance is ingested.
- Saliva: Saliva is also a commonly collected specimen as the test can be done quickly and is noninvasive. The downside with using this specimen is that it can only show substance use for a short period of time.
- Blood: This specimen is the most accurate drug testing available. However, it is not commonly used as it is expensive and invasive.
- Hair: The metabolites that a person’s body creates after ingesting a substance also travel to the scalp. These metabolites remain in the hair and as a result, can permanently show any drug use.
- Perspiration: To conduct sweat testing, a person will wear a patch for two weeks. The patch can detect substance use via a person’s perspiration. After the two-week period, a drug testing facility in Gig Harbor will examine the results.
Reliable Gig Harbor drug testing centers will generally have the following characteristics:
- Accurate. The results of a drug test are of the utmost importance. To ensure you are receiving the best possible service, focus on the centers that have certification from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). You can use the list of certified laboratories in Gig Harbor on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) website.
- Private. The results of a drug test can have a big impact on a person’s professional and private life. Therefore, professional Gig Harbor drug testing centers will not share any results with unauthorized individuals.
- Fast. A quick turnaround time for drugs test is always important. A reliable drug testing facility will release your results to you in a short period of time.
- Experienced. At an experienced drug testing center, clients will receive a completely professional and seamless experience and results that are completely accurate and private.
There are plenty of reasons why residents of Gig Harbor seek out the services of the city’s drug testing centers. Here are some of the most common reasons why people undergo drug screening:
- Pre-Employment: When interviewing potential employees, companies often request them to undergo a drug test before offering them employment.
- Annual Physical: Companies can also request employers to undergo drug screening when they take their yearly physical exams.
- For-Cause and Reasonable Suspicion: If an employee’s productivity appears to be suffering as a result of alcohol or drug use, the employer can ask the employee to take a drug test.
- Post-Accident: If an employee is involved in a workplace accident, the employing company can request the employee to undergo drug screening to see if substance use contributed to the accident.
- Post-Treatment: After people complete rehab, they are often required by law to take a drug test to show that they are, in fact, sober.
- Probation: If a person is on probation, he or she must take regular drug tests. If a person were to fail a drug test while on probation, he or she can be sent to jail.
- Sports: To ensure all amateur, professional, and college sporting events are safe and fair, athletes are subjected to random drug and alcohol testing.
- School: There are schools in America that require students to undergo random drug testing to ensure the middle and high schools are drug-free environments.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
An online search for “drug testing facilities near me” should show you the Gig Harbor drug testing centers in your area. There are plenty of reliable drug testing centers across the city, and with a little evaluation and reliable resources, you should be able to find one suitable for your situation.
- Talk with your doctor: As your doctor will be up-to-date on your medical history and the need for your drug test, he or she may be able to refer you to a suitable Gig Harbor drug testing center.
- Contact your insurance provider: You can reach out to your insurance provider and ask them for a list of drug testing facilities in Gig Harbor that are within your network.
- Do a Google search: If you search Google for “drug testing centers near me,” you will see the available options in your area.
- Call The Recovery Village: Our representatives are on-hand to provide you with up-to-date information on the Gig Harbor drug testing centers.
There are also hotline representatives that you can reach out to in Gig Harbor for information on local drug testing facilities. In addition, there are online channels available for those who find it tough to speak about their addiction. We are happy that you have to come to The Recovery Village for the help you need. We are ready and waiting to help. Give us a call today and let’s get started.