Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Lynnwood, Washington
As a drug epidemic sweeps across the United States, residents of Lynwood are not left unaffected. Due to the increasing numbers of people suffering from drug and alcohol abuse and addiction, many businesses and organizations have started to implement drug testing procedures, leaving many individuals and companies looking for reliable drug testing facilities in Lynwood.
Some people also choose to visit a drug test center for their own reasons, such as to help a loved one face a drug abuse problem. If you or a loved one struggles with substance abuse or addiction and you are not sure of the right steps for addiction treatment in Lynnwood, contact The Recovery Village®. Our intake coordinators will discuss options and help guide you on the right path for your situation.
Lynwood Drug Testing Centers
There are many options for drug testing centers, which can make it difficult to know which one to visit when you are in need of one. There are a few things to consider to help you narrow down the options and find the one that best suits your circumstance.
First, you need to determine the reason for your test. You do not necessarily have to have a current or past substance abuse problem to need to take a drug test at one of the available drug testing facilities. Several schools, businesses, and organizations have implemented routine and random drug tests for everyone to maintain a drug-free atmosphere.
A few common reasons you may find you need to visit a drug test facility include:
- Sports: Many levels of sports, from recreational to professional, require drug screenings to ensure that all players are substance-free.
- Schools: Many schools require students to take a drug test so that they can maintain a drug-free environment.
- Businesses: It is common for businesses to require employees to take routine and random drug tests, including as part of their pre-employment requirements.
- After rehab: As part of the aftercare treatment from a drug or alcohol abuse treatment program, a person may need to undertake routine tests to demonstrate continued abstinence from drugs and alcohol.
- Accident: After an accident, a drug panel test may be done to rule out the involvement of a legal or illegal substance.
- Probation: During a probation period, a person may have to demonstrate his or her continued sobriety or face incarceration.
There may be other reasons that you or a loved one must take a test at one of the drug testing facilities Lynwood. Knowing the reason behind the test can help you to choose the facility. You may be required to use one or more specific facilities, or you may have a certain type of test that needs to be run.
There are two main categories of tests you may find at Lynwood drug testing centers: 5-panel tests or a more specific test. The most common type of drug test is a 5-panel test, which screens for the five most commonly abused substances: marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, and phencyclidine (PCP). There are other tests that screen for additional categories of substances, including alcohol, benzodiazepines, and barbiturates. You will need to choose the type of test based on the reason for the test. For example, a test screening for sports may need to include a panel of performance-enhancing drugs, while someone just out of rehab for a cocaine addiction may just need a test for cocaine abuse.
In addition to the drugs being tested, there are also options for the specimen collected to screen for the drug metabolites. The main options include:
- Blood: Although highly accurate, blood tests are not widely used because of their cost and their more invasive nature.
- Hair: Hair testing can provide a long history of drug use, but this is not as commonly required or used.
- Perspiration: Testing the sweat is a relatively newer option. The person wears a special patch for two weeks that collects sweat, which is then tested for drug use.
- Saliva: Saliva tests are more commonly used because they are simple and non-invasive. However, they only have a short period of time in which they are accurate.
- Urine: Urine tests are the standard thanks to their reliability and non-invasive nature.
In addition to the specifics regarding the test, you also want to consider a few features of the drug testing facilities in Lynwood before selecting one:
- Accuracy: The most important feature of any drug testing center is its ability to have accurate results on which you can rely. Search through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) complete list of certified labs with the Department of Health and Human Services, which means they are accurate.
- Private: The results of the drug test should remain private, so find one that has a strict confidentiality clause and abides by HIPAA guidelines.
- Fast: Compare the turnaround time for tests to find one that will not leave you waiting in limbo for too long.
- Experienced: The lack of experience in a lab increases the chance of human error, so find a lab that has performed the particular test numerous times.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
When looking for Lynwood drug testing centers, you may be at a loss as to where to begin. You can always start by searching online for “drug testing centers near me.” When you review the possibilities, bear in mind the reason you need one. A business looking for a center to handle all of their testing may need something different than an individual needing to pass a test to play sports.
A few other resources include:
- Insurance provider
- A physician or another healthcare provider
- The Recovery Village
The representatives at The Recovery Village are here to help guide you in finding Lynwood drug testing centers as well as the right treatment program if you or any of your loved ones struggle with substance abuse or addiction. Contact us for more information.