Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Bothell, Washington
If you have been paying close attention to the news, you may have noticed that the United States is experiencing a drug epidemic. Fatal drug overdoses are at a high point. Unfortunately, Bothell is facing its own share of drug-related issues. On the bright side, Washington has many helpful resources to help you manage addiction or even discover it.
Are you on the hunt for drug testing facilities? Bothell offers many facilities that can help you identify substance abuse issues in a loved one or an employee. Have you noticed that your loved one is afraid to take a drug test? This may be a sign that testing is even more necessary.
There are multiple addiction treatment options in Bothell and the surrounding area. One resource is The Recovery Village, which helps you identify drug use or help a loved one understand drug use. Call today to talk to an intake coordinator or professional who can point you toward drug testing resources in the area.
Bothell Drug Testing Centers
When you are looking for reliable drug testing facilities, Bothell will provide nearby options. Each facility will offer its own types of drug tests, but you need to determine which option will work best for your situation. Testing centers typically offer two different factors to consider: type of drug and type of specimen for collection.
The five-panel drug test is one of the most common types because it looks for the most popular drugs used today. These drugs are cocaine, amphetamines, marijuana, opiates, and PCP. You will discover that many Bothell drug testing centers offer other tests depending on your goals. For instance, you can find drug tests available for alcohol, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, and other substances.
Depending on the goal of the drug test, you may ask that different specimens are collected. The collected specimens may include:
- Blood – Blood testing is highly accurate, but collecting this specimen is expensive. Additionally, some people object to the invasive nature of collecting blood.
- Urine – Urine is the most commonly collected type of specimen for drugs because it is easy to collect and quite affordable to test. Urine works well to provide an accurate view of past drug use because it shows metabolites excreted from the body. Urine can provide a window to both drug and alcohol use.
- Hair – The hair provides a long history of drug use upon collection thanks to the excretion of metabolites through the scalp. Hair collection is easy, but testing is not performed often based on hair.
- Saliva – Spit is collected by many Bothell drug testing centers. The window of drug use history saliva provides is brief, but collecting the specimen is noninvasive and quick.
- Sweat – For individuals on probation or parole, drug testing with sweat is common. A patch is worn on the body for up to two weeks at a time to determine if an individual is using drugs or alcohol.
When you search for a drug testing center in Bothell, consider these important characteristics:
- Accuracy – The results should be clear and accurate. You can ensure that your test results are correct by working with certified drug testing facilities.
- Speed – You may be working on a quick schedule when you request a drug test.
- Privacy – The results of a drug test are private and potentially damaging to an individual’s reputation. Information should never be given to unauthorized individuals.
For many reasons, you may be seeking a drug testing facility. You may be looking to test a loved one, a student, or an employee. Here are a few reasons why people pursue drug testing:
- Employment – Managers and employers may request drug testing for many reasons. Most commonly, people offer conditional employment on the basis of drug testing results. Some employers require drug testing as part of an annual physical, and in other cases, employers test only when they have reasonable suspicion of drug use.
- Concern – Individuals with loved ones exhibiting signs of drug use may turn to drug testing facilities to determine what steps they need to take to help. Some people test loved ones after they complete a rehabilitation program.
- Athletics – Some programs require that athletes participate in drug testing before they can perform or compete.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
When you search the web for drug testing facilities in your area, you will find many different results. You should take the time to evaluate search results based on your needs. You can also read online reviews related to drug testing centers.
You can also ask your doctor about drug testing centers in the area. Primary care physicians and even psychiatrists may be able to provide you with more information. Similarly, insurance providers can tell you about testing facilities in your insurance network.
Finally, call The Recovery Village to learn more about local drug testing centers and professional services. Hotline representatives are available to help you find professional help when you need it most in Bothell.