The state of Washington is no stranger to the substance abuse epidemic sweeping the nation. As of 2017, The National Institute on Drug Abuse found that deaths within the state from heroin and synthetic opioids were on the rise. Similar substances like methamphetamine, prescription drugs and alcohol are drugs of abuse in the state. People and families in La Center, Washington, are feeling the effects of statewide drug and alcohol abuse.
Although overcoming drug and alcohol use is challenging, there is hope. La Center’s close proximity to major metropolitan areas like Vancouver makes it possible for residents to get the help they need in a timely manner. Many treatments, settings for treatment and programs exist in the nearby area. The first step toward recovery is deciding which is most helpful to you.
La Center Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation and Treatment
Drug and alcohol rehabilitation and treatment can take various forms. Programs often include strategies such as:
- 12-step facilitation: 12-step programs are one of the most popular approaches to substance use management. These programs help people create positive networks, build awareness of personal behaviors and develop tools to prevent future substance use.
- Brief intervention: Brief intervention treatment helps individuals understand how substance use puts them at risk. This type of treatment is typically successful for those who have not yet reached severe levels of dependence on drugs or alcohol.
- Contingency management and motivational incentives: This type of treatment reinforces positive change by offering incentives for making healthy choices. The longer someone can go without substances, the more rewards they earn.
- Motivational interviewing: Motivational interviewing allows individuals to work closely with mental health professionals to identify key areas that might encourage change.
- Relapse prevention: Relapse prevention helps someone identify potential triggers of future use and develop a plan to seek support in those situations.
- Anger management: Treatment such as anger management offers tools to help individuals cope with difficult emotions without substances.
At this time, these services are not located in the town of La Center, Washington. However, Vancouver offers multiple facilities with the services listed above to those who struggle with drug and alcohol use. The Recovery Village Ridgefield also offers comprehensive addiction treatment resources, including a standalone detox center. If you or a loved one is ready to take the first step toward recovery, you are just a short drive from help.
Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs and Treatment Centers in La Center, WA
For those in La Center, the nearby city of Vancouver has many detox programs and treatment centers. Facilities in the area offer detoxification from:
Medical detoxification and inpatient hospital services are also available. Located in nearby Ridgefield, The Recovery Village Ridgefield Detox Center offers medical detox treatment to anyone who wants to overcome drug or alcohol addiction.