Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Newark, Ohio
With an estimated 54 million Americans suffering from mental illnesses each year, mental disorders are increasingly common. Most families either have someone with a mental disorder or know someone with one, and this is true in Newark, Ohio. Disorders like depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder are difficult to handle alone, and sessions with a mental health counselor at a mental health facility can not only be effective but also necessary for living a healthy, fulfilling life with the disorder.
Mental health counseling is especially important for those struggling with a dual disorder such as substance use disorder in conjunction with a mental health disorder. This is fairly common, and mental health facilities offer many types of care options for both mental illness and substance abuse treatment in Newark.
Mental Health Facilities in Newark, Ohio
Finding the right mental health facilities is important to get the best care. Specific needs and factors like mental health history, substance abuse history, and the goals for counseling all dictate the best type of counseling and care. Some options are:
- Inpatient mental health facilities – This short-term, onsite care allows around the clock supervision and attention for an acute mental illness. If someone has the potential to be a danger to themselves or others, this type of care can provide the stabilization needed. Some disorders that may benefit from inpatient care are bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), major depression, or schizoaffective disorder. The Recovery Village has experts who can recommend inpatient programs for you or a loved one.
- Residential mental health facilities – This type of setting provides constant supervision for complex and severe mental health issues like schizophrenia, clinical depression, and severe bipolar disorder. Here, patients can benefit from medication management plans, group therapy, and structured counseling sessions. You can use the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) treatment locator to help you find residential care near you.
- Long-term mental health facilities – A long-term mental health facility provides more extensive care than the aforementioned options. Patients can engage in treatment options not available in short-term care and work on building self-sufficiency and independence in a therapeutic and supportive setting.
Mental disorders can be debilitating, lonely, and frightening. The right care can help those suffering and let them lead fulfilling, happy lives. The SAMHSA treatment locator can provide information on mental health facilities in Newark and the surrounding area to fit your needs. The Recovery Village can also help, especially when there is addiction involved. Please call us to speak with a caring associate.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
Newark mental health hospitals can provide immediate care and stabilization for those in crisis. If someone is in immediate danger or suffering from a severe mental illness, this may be the best option. Suicide, self-harm, or harming others is a devastating result of mental illness, and hospitalization can help prevent this from happening. Whether admission to a hospital is by choice or insistence from a counselor or loved one, it may be the best thing to do. In fact, it can be a lifesaving choice.
Mental health hospitals in Newark can offer crisis aversion and medication management to help someone through a very tough time. When you are not sure where to go or how to find a hospital, you can always:
- Talk with your doctor – Your doctor should have a list of hospitals that will suit your needs.
- Contact your insurance provider – Going this route can help make sure the hospital will be covered by your plan.
- Consult with a mental health counselor – If you are already working with one, this counselor may be able to continue your care in the hospital.
- Call The Recovery Village – We can help you find the best hospital for your needs.
Some other important contacts you can use are:
- SAMHSA’s mental health facilities locator
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
- National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-NAMI
- The Crisis Text Line at 741741
Mental Health Programs Newark
A mental health program or a mental health counselor may be the best thing for you or a loved one. This type of care involves inpatient, residential, hospitalization, or outpatient. Good mental health is the goal, and the right program can provide strategies and support for living with a mental illness.
Some things that will dictate your best options for mental health programs or a mental health counselor in Newark are the patient’s mental health history, whether substance abuse or other co-occurring disorders are present, and what the treatment goals are. The Recovery Village can help you find the best program for you or your loved one.
Mental Health Counselor Newark, Ohio
Counseling can make a huge effect on the debilitating effects of mental illness. A counselor can help those suffering from depression, anxiety, or other conditions learn how to manage the illness and lead a healthy, happy life. Newark offers plenty of counselors in the area.
The Recovery Village provides a variety of types of care and counseling, and we can help you determine the best options for you or your loved one. Please reach out to us and let us help you to find the right program for your mental health needs.