Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Kent, Ohio
With over 54 million Americans struggling with some form of mental illness, including many individuals in Kent, Ohio, it is important to find strategies and support to deal with these illnesses. Disorders can range in severity and type and include problems like depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and other mental illnesses. Regardless of the type of mental illness, mental health counseling can benefit the individual struggling and be both a necessary and effective treatment.
Therapy for mental health can benefit most anyone dealing with a mental illness, but it can be especially helpful for those dealing with a dual disorder, like addiction paired with the mental illness. Often a substance use disorder like alcoholism will go hand in hand with a mental illness. A counselor can help the individual find healthy ways to cope with the mental illness, rather than an unhealthy addiction. Mental health facilities offer different types of care options that can help those dealing with mental illness and substance use disorder in Kent.
Mental Health Facilities in Kent, Ohio
Certain factors will dictate what type of mental health facilities will provide the best care. Some of these factors may be the person’s mental health history, any substance abuse issue, and what the goals are for counseling. Some of the most common types of centers are:
- Inpatient mental health facilities – These facilities provide short-term, on-site care for those struggling with an acute mental illness, especially in times of crisis. If there are suicidal or other violent tendencies present, this care can provide immediate stabilization and around-the-clock care. Some disorders requiring this type of care are bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), major depression, or schizoaffective disorder. Specialists at The Recovery Village can talk to you about this type of care.
- Residential mental health facilities – Like inpatient care, residential care is an on-site treatment center where the patient will have constant supervision. Again, this is for severe and complex mental illnesses where the patient may be suicidal or a danger to others. Schizophrenia, clinical depression, and severe bipolar disorder are some conditions that may require this type of treatment. Here, patients can undergo medication management, group therapy, and structured counseling. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) treatment locator is a good resource to help find this type of care in your area.
- Long-term mental health facilities – Long-term care provides more extensive and ongoing care than other types provide. Here, clients can work on building self-sufficiency and independence within a supportive, structured community. It is not uncommon for stays in long-term care to last a year or more.
These different mental health facilities in Kent can provide a variety of levels of care for people dealing with a debilitating and difficult mental health condition. You can use the SAMHSA treatment locator to find the best treatment for yourself of a loved one. This is a difficult challenge to deal with alone, so please call The Recovery Village for support and help in finding a program for you.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
Kent mental hospitals can offer immediate stabilization for severe and dangerous forms of mental illness. If immediate danger is present, close monitoring and supervision are imperative. This can be through a voluntary decision or through the recommendation and/or insistence of a loved one or mental health counselor.
Mental health hospitals can focus on crisis aversion and medication management for those struggling with severe mental illness. Mental health hospitals in Kent have the staff and facilities to offer care that addresses immediate needs. If a life-threatening situation is present, it is imperative to seek help.
- Talk with your doctor: The primary care doctor is probably familiar with your or your loved one’s situation and can provide recommendations for a mental hospital in Kent.
- Contact your insurance provider: Your insurance provider can help you find services that are covered under your plan. This will help with finances.
- Consult with a mental health counselor: Kent has many licensed mental health counselors who can help you find reputable psychiatric units at Kent mental health hospitals. If you are already working with a mental health counselor, you may be able to continue this personal support in the hospital.
- Call The Recovery Village: Our helpful representatives can help you find mental health hospitals in your area and also provide you with additional information about addiction treatment programs if needed.
You can also contact:
- The SAMHSA’s mental health facilities locator
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-NAMI
- Crisis Text Line at 741741
Mental Health Programs Kent
With different levels of care including inpatient, residential, hospitalization or outpatient, you can find the what you need in mental health programs and with a mental health counselor in Kent. The primary goal is achieving functional mental health that provides a fulfilling, healthy, happy life. Things like your mental health history, substance abuse issues, and treatment goals will dictate the type of and the intensity of treatment.
Whether the mental illness exists alone or with an addiction, a program can help you or your loved one. Please reach out to The Recovery Village for help finding mental health programs or counselors.
Mental Health Counselor Kent, Ohio
Mental health disorders are lonely and frightening conditions. They have the potential to be debilitating, and counseling may be necessary to help the individual find strategies to manage the effects of mental illness (depression, anxiety, and other conditions). If you or any of your loved ones are in need of these services, Kent has many options. Please take the steps to find them.
The Recovery Village offers physical and mental healing through a variety of treatment options and with the help of our caring, compassionate staff. Please call today to find the right program for you or your loved one. We are here to help.