Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Youngstown, Ohio
There are illnesses that can be detrimental to your health and wellbeing without any physical evidence. The person suffering from the illness bears the brunt of all side effects and symptoms internally and, far too often, alone. Mental illness is just as serious as any physical illness, and it affects over 54 million Americans every year.
Common mental health issues include anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and others. Many times, those suffering from mental illness turn to drugs or alcohol to ease their pain. Sadly, this complicates mental illness and sometimes leads to substance use disorder as well. Those suffering from these co-occurring disorders can find help in substance abuse treatment programs in Youngstown.
Mental Health Facilities in Youngstown, Ohio
Mental health facilities in Youngstown provide a sanctuary for anyone struggling with a mental health disorder. There are different types of mental health facilities, each with their own purpose to aid in varying stages and severity of mental distress.
- Residential Mental Health Facilities: This type of mental health facility houses its patients around the clock for observation, stabilization, and treatment. Medication may be administered as well as therapeutic practices, such as individual and group therapy.
- Inpatient Mental Health Facilities: Similar to residential mental health facilities, inpatient mental health facilities have patients remain on location 24/7. The primary use of inpatient mental health facilities is to properly stabilize patients in cases of mental distress or crisis. This includes patients who are at risk of self-harm. If you or someone you know is at risk of suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255.
- Long-Term Mental Health Facilities: These mental health facilities provide extended therapy and treatment protocols to help instill new habits, behaviors, and coping mechanisms in patients to manage the mental health disorder in everyday life.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
Youngstown mental health hospitals are equipped to help you or your loved one caught in an extreme case of mental distress or crisis. The Crisis Text Line can offer immediate help, text 741741.
Mental health hospitals in Youngstown are closer than you think and ready to help. When dealing with a mental illness or mental health disorder, finding the right mental health hospital for you can seem daunting and impossible to begin alone. Do not fret, as you can ask for qualified recommendations from some of the following sources:
- Insurance Provider: Your insurance company can provide you with a list of all Youngstown mental health hospitals, sorted by which are considered in your network of coverage and which mental health hospitals are not.
- Primary Care Physician: Your family doctor is knowledgeable about your personal health information, medical history, and specific needs. As a professional in the health field, your doctor can steer you in the right direction.
- Mental Health Professionals: The goal of all mental health professionals is to help those in need. Even if the mental health professional with whom you speak is not in the specific field that your situation requires, these pros are able to provide you informed recommendations and guidance. A great local resource to utilize is the representatives of The Recovery Village. Because of the rise of co-occurring disorders, treatment programs and mental health facilities, hospitals, and counselors work in conjunction to provide relief for those suffering. The call to our representatives is always free and confidential, with no obligation attached.
Mental Health Programs Youngstown
There are a variety of local mental health programs designed to meet your individual needs. Mental health counseling programs are designed to have you work intensively with a mental health counselor to develop new skill sets for handling your mental health disorder in a constructive manner. An intensive outpatient program for mental health continues the work of mental health facilities for the long haul to keep up with critical therapies while you are integrating into regular life and ensuring stabilization is being maintained through medication.
Mental Health Counselor Youngstown, OH
Your mental health counselor in Youngstown will be like your compass for navigating the tumultuous waters of your mental health disorder. Not only will you examine past triggers of your mental illness but gain new methods to deal with your mental illness in everyday life. For example, if you are afflicted with an anxiety disorder, such as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), your mental health counselor will help you learn to calm the urge to ritualize through intensive therapy and logically approach thoughts that are intensifying the anxious feelings. No matter what is causing you discord in your life, your mental health counselor in Youngstown is there to help you cope and get more out of each day.
As with any professional you entrust with your health, both mental and physical, you want to make sure you choose a professional expert in the field. For assistance finding a mental health counselor, reach out to The Recovery Village today.