Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Youngstown, Ohio
Is one of your employees refusing to take a drug test? If so, this may be a sign of substance abuse. Employers in Youngstown, Ohio often require drug screening as a condition of employment, or when they suspect a worker is misusing drugs or alcohol. When a worker is involved in substance abuse, it poses a workplace danger, and drug testing can confirm your suspicions.
Drug testing facilities in Youngstown provide professional drug screening to help you keep the workplace safe and clean. Currently, there is a serious drug epidemic, and The Recovery Village can help you find reliable drug testing facilities and addiction treatment programs in Youngstown. If you or someone you know is battling addiction, reach out for confidential information and resources.
Youngstown Drug Testing Centers
One of the most commonly ordered drug tests is the 5-panel test, which is designed to identify five commonly used categories of drugs, including amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, phencyclidine (PCP), and opiates. Some Youngstown drug testing centers also test for barbiturates, benzodiazepines, and ethanol (alcohol).
Depending upon the goal for testing, drug tests vary by the amount of substance tested for and strength of the test. There are five types of specimens commonly used by drug testing facilities in Youngstown:
- Urine: Urine is easily collected and commonly used because it screens for metabolites. Whenever you ingest a substance, metabolites from that substance are left behind and excreted in your urine. Urine drug tests measure the amount of metabolites remaining in your urine.
- Saliva: Saliva can be collected quickly, and easily tested for substances. The only drawback to saliva testing is that it confirms drug or alcohol use within a narrow time frame.
- Hair: Hair drug testing also measures metabolites. After circulating through blood vessels in the scalp, metabolites establish permanent residence in your hair. Therefore, hair drug testing may be considered a permanent record of substance use.
- Blood: Blood drug testing is the most accurate form of drug screening available. However, because collecting blood is invasive and expensive, blood is seldom used in drug testing.
- Perspiration: Sweat testing is fairly new, and it takes longer to perform a sweat drug test than other types of drug testing. Perspiration testing is performed by affixing a patch to the skin and leaving it there for a period of two weeks. The sweat patch is then collected and tested by the drug test center.
The type of specimen used is determined by the reason for testing, and drug testing is used for many reasons. Drug testing facilities in Youngstown are typically utilized for the following:
- Pre-employment testing – Often companies use drug testing to screen potential employees.
- Post-Accident: If you are involved in a workplace accident, your employer may order drug testing to exclude substance abuse as a contributing factor.
- Annual Physical: Some companies include mandatory drug and alcohol screening in their employees’ yearly physical exams.
- For Cause and Reasonable Suspicion: When an employee’s performance deteriorates, the employer may order drug testing, if substance abuse is suspected.
- Post-Treatment: After completing treatment for drug or alcohol misuse, the treatment facility, employer, or law enforcement may order follow-up drug testing.
- Probation: While on probation, an individual may be required by law enforcement to submit to ongoing drug testing. A failed test may result in incarceration.
- Sports: Random drug screening is often required for amateur, college level, and professional athletes. This helps to ensure safe and fair play.
- School: Middle and high school students may be subjected to random drug testing to keep students safe.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
When searching online for “drug testing centers near me,” it is important to locate Youngstown drug testing centers that offer the following:
Experience: Seamless procedures and accurate results are hallmarks of reliable Youngstown drug testing centers.
Accuracy: Clear concise test results are important. By using a drug test facility certified by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), you can feel confident that results are clear and accurate. By consulting the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) website, you will find a comprehensive list of HHS certified drug testing facilities in Youngstown.
Privacy: Discretion is imperative when it comes to sharing test results. Reliable drug testing centers will never share results without proper authorization.
Fast Results: People and companies that use drug testing expect fast and accurate test results.
In addition to searching online, if you need drug testing services for yourself, you may also locate drug testing centers by talking with your doctor. Your family physician knows your health history and can refer you to reliable Youngstown drug testing centers. Your insurance provider is another helpful resource. Speaking with a health insurance representative can help you identify drug testing facilities that accept your insurance. This can lessen the cost of testing.
The Recovery Village can also assist you with locating Youngstown drug testing centers. We have representatives available to answer your questions and to recommend reputable drug testing facilities in your area. We can also assist you with locating treatment facilities and programs to help you or a loved one who is struggling with addiction. You may either call us or contact us online at any time.