Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Warren, Ohio
The state of Ohio is experiencing a severe drug epidemic. In fact, Ohio has become the center of opioid overdoses compared to other states in the country. Sadly, Warren is not immune from the crisis.
More needs to be done to counter this deadly trend, and one way to start is by having reliable drug screening centers made more available to those who need them. Sometimes it can be a challenge to find such drug testing centers in Warren, but there are plenty of helpful resources for individuals, families, and employers who suspect that someone they know is battling addiction.
If you are looking for a drug screening facility in Warren, there are representatives available to help. Sometimes, people may be fearful of undergoing a drug test, which could be a telltale sign that they have a problem with substance abuse. If this is the case for you or for someone you love, do not despair. Help is available via substance abuse treatment programs in Warren and surrounding areas.
Warren Drug Testing Centers
Since there are multiple places for drug testing in Warren, you might find it difficult to know which one to choose. Knowing more about how testing works can help you decide.
For starters, drug testing facilities administer different types of tests depending on the drugs being detected. The majority of drugs that are tested for include cocaine, amphetamines, marijuana, PCP, and opiates. Some Warren drug testing centers may also administer more powerful tests that are designed to detect the presence of other types of drugs, such as alcohol, barbiturates, and benzodiazepines. The strength of the drug test and the number of substances that are tested for will vary based on why the test is being conducted in the first place.
In addition to the type of drug being tested for, various specimens may also be collected depending on the goal of the drug test. The types of specimens collected for drug tests can include:
- Urine – This is the more common specimen collected because it provides accurate information about the presence of drugs and is easy to administer. Urine detects for drugs by testing for the presence of metabolites, which are structures that are produced when a substance is ingested and metabolized in the body. Urine tests measure the levels of metabolites to establish the use of drugs or alcohol.
- Saliva – This is also frequently collected at Warren drug testing facilities, mainly because it is quick and noninvasive. However, there is a very small window of time to test using this method in order to get an accurate test result.
- Blood – While blood provides the most accurate and reliable results, this test is expensive and invasive so it is not very commonly administered.
- Hair – When a drug is ingested, the metabolites that are created in the body enter the bloodstream in the scalp, and are then filtered out of the scalp through the hair. These metabolites stay in the hair, which allows these types of drug tests to serve as a permanent record of an individual’s drug use.
- Sweat – This is a newer type of drug testing and involves affixing a patch to the skin for two weeks. During this time, the patch picks up the presence of any drugs that an individual excretes from the body through perspiration. When the two weeks are up, the patch is analyzed by professionals at the drug testing center.
Reputable and reliable drug testing facilities usually possess a few key traits in common.
To find a center near you, consult with SAMHSA’s comprehensive list of certified labs across the country.
People look for Warren drug testing centers for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Annual Physical
- Cause and Reasonable Suspicion
- Sporting Events
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
There are different resources to consider when looking for a drug testing facility in Warren:
Your doctor – Since your physician knows your medical history and the reason for your drug test, this resource may be an ideal one when looking for a drug testing center in Warren.
Your insurance provider – Insurance companies have a network of drug testing facilities that they deal with that also take payment through insurance policies, which will make it easier and more affordable for you if payment is necessary.
Online search – Searching online can help you find reviews of different drug testing centers in Warren.
Call The Recovery Village – Associates at The Recovery Village can provide you with assistance when finding drug testing centers near you in Warren, Ohio, as well as any other professional services if required.
To find drug testing centers, Warren hotline representatives are here to help. If you or someone you love is battling addiction, The Recovery Village is available for you and offers something for everyone. Reach out today for more information.