Substance Abuse Counseling in Sanford, Florida
Substance abuse is a chronic disease that destroys individuals and families throughout the nation. If you are suffering from substance abuse, there are treatment plans that can help. Substance abuse counseling allows you to work with a certified alcohol and drug counselor to deal with underlying causes of addiction and to develop skills to prevent future relapse. Addiction counselors in Sanford, Florida provide these life-saving resources close to home.
Sanford, Florida Addiction Counseling
An addiction counselor in Sanford is your ally against addiction, lending his or her expert skillset to helping you along to road to recovery. When creating your specific treatment protocol, a certified drug and alcohol counselor might recommend:
- Group Therapy: Hearing from peers with the same struggles is a powerful tool for healing and holding yourself accountable in the recovery process. Group therapy also provides a safe forum on a larger scale than one-on-one sessions to have the cathartic experience of expressing your personal addiction journey.
- Identifying Goals: Both short-term and long-term goals are important to have to keep on the path to sobriety. Your addiction counselor will work with you to help set these landmark events.
- Installing Coping Skills: As with any therapeutic process, the substance abuse counselor in Sanford will arm you with skill sets not previously held to deal with your new life without your drug of choice. Learning new behaviors will be crucial in maintaining a sober life.
- Thinking about the Future: Addiction counseling is designed to not only help during the course of therapy but to set up a plan for transitioning out of therapy. Planning for employment, sober living, and outpatient treatment is a major component of substance abuse programs.
Addiction counselors in Sanford are ready and waiting to help.
Local Licensed Drug Counselor
Drug abuse counselors, or drug counselors, are trained in therapy specifically designed to help you overcome drug addiction. Licensed drug and alcohol counselors will help to determine any co-occurring disorders that need to be addressed, identify environmental triggers, and propose appropriate treatments for your specific addiction battle. No matter how deep into the addiction you may find yourself, drug abuse counselors are able to provide you support and help you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Local Certified Alcohol Counselor
Substance abuse counselors in Sanford can help with alcohol addiction, just as drug abuse counselors can help with drug dependency. Just because alcohol is a legal substance does not mean that an addiction to alcohol is anything less serious than an addiction to opiates. You deserve the same level of expertise and care for your alcohol struggles as anyone with a drug addiction, and drug and alcohol counselors are there to provide this service to you.
Drug Addiction Counselor Sanford, FL
Substance use disorder is a disease that requires professional help. When looking for an alcohol and drug counselor to help you, consider the following:
- Make sure that your substance abuse counselor in Sanford has been properly certified. You would not want a surgeon who had not been to medical school operating on you in a trauma. Similarly, you would not want anything less than a licensed alcohol and drug counselor helping you with your addiction.
- Find an addiction counselor in Sanford with whom you feel a personal connection. Your counselor should make you feel safe and allow you to build a bond of trust. This is when the recovery process proves most successful.
- Research specialists in your specific addiction. Many addiction counselors are trained to battle specific addictions. You want to find someone who is well-versed in all that goes with an addiction to your drug of choice.
Substance Abuse Counseling Programs Near Me
If you are looking for substance abuse counseling programs in Sanford, an online search can yield many results and sorting through them can be overwhelming. Here are a few suggestions to help you narrow your search.
- Ask Your Doctor: Your family physician can provide insight into local programs that are well-respected and can provide the level of care for which you are searching.
- Ask Your Insurance Provider: Your insurance provider can always give you programs nearby that are both in and out of network to help you narrow down your search.
- Ask Local Experts: You can reach out confidentially to local experts in substance abuse counseling to find more specific answers to your recovery questions. Speaking with someone who can learn more about you as an individual can give you the best idea of the help you need versus a generalized internet search. Sometimes, just hearing someone on the phone line can take many of fears of asking for treatment away and accelerate the treatment process.
It is never too late to ask for help. You are not alone in your substance abuse struggle. Let professional substance abuse counselors in Sanford help you get back to wellness. Call The Recovery Village today to speak with one of our courteous, professional staff members.