Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Boynton Beach, Florida
Millions of Americans are currently suffering from drug addiction, and residents of Boynton Beach, Florida are no exception. People who are abusing drugs are not always obvious, however. They may be parents, children, siblings, friends, and neighbors. This has increased the necessity for reliable drug testing facilities and centers across the state.
Whether you are looking for a drug testing facility because you suspect an employee of drug use on the job or because you have a family member who you suspect may be in need of addiction treatment in Boynton Beach, there are a number of options from which to choose. Before you proceed, it is important to understand how a drug test works, and some of the reasons behind looking to undergo a drug test.
Boynton Beach Drug Testing Centers
There is a broad range of test options available at drug testing facilities, and there are two factors that determine which test you receive: the types of drugs being tested for and the types of specimens collected. Most Boynton Beach drug testing facilities administer what is known as the 5-panel test. This exam tests for the five most common drug categories, including cocaine, methamphetamines, opiates, PCP, and marijuana. Other facilities may administer more powerful tests that detect barbiturates or benzodiazepines. Again, the strength of the test will be determined by the substance being screened.
Individual factors will determine which type of specimen is collected for testing. There are five major specimens that could be collected for drug-testing purposes:
Blood – While this is the most accurate specimen when it comes to detecting drugs, blood samples are not the most favored collected specimen at drug testing facilities. This is usually due to the high cost and invasive nature of the collection.
Urine – Taking a urine sample is the most common method of testing for drugs. As your body metabolizes drugs and alcohol, they are transformed into metabolites, some of which are excreted in the urine. Drug tests can detect these metabolites and determine the type and amount of drugs in the body.
Saliva – This is the second-most common specimen used in drug testing as it is non-invasive and relatively inexpensive. However, drugs and alcohol can only be detected during a brief window of time, making this type of drug testing very time-sensitive
Hair – When your body metabolizes drugs and alcohol, some of the metabolites go into your bloodstream and move throughout your body. When the metabolites reach your scalp, some of them are filtered through to your hair. This creates a fairly permanent record of your past drug use, and hair specimens can be collected for drug testing at many facilities.
Perspiration – This is a fairly new method of drug testing, involving a patch sitting on the test subject’s skin for two weeks collecting sweat. After that time has passed, the patch is removed and tested for the presence of drugs or alcohol by qualified professionals.
There are a few common characteristics to keep an eye out for that indicate you are dealing with a reputable drug testing facility in Boynton Beach:
- Experience – Choosing a drug testing facility that has experience means that you can be sure the results you receive are accurate, as well as ensuring a professional, respectful encounter.
- Accuracy – Test results should be clear and evidence-based. Assessing the accuracy of a facility is fairly easy; just check that the center is certified by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Speed – All results should be delivered in a timely manner. Most drug test results could conceivably have an enormous impact on a person’s life, both personally and professionally, meaning time is of the essence.
- Privacy – No drug testing facility should share your personal information, or the results of your drug test, with unauthorized people or third-parties. Again, since the results of a drug test can have significant repercussions in all areas of somebody’s life, it is critical that this information remains safe and secure.
Another factor to consider is the reason why you require a drug test. A few typical reasons include:
- As a prerequisite for employment in certain jobs
- Part of an annual/bi-annual physical for workplace health
- If an employer suspects you are impaired and unfit for work
- Following a workplace accident
- As part of a rehabilitation or treatment program for substance abuse
- Part of parole or probation conditions following release from an institution
- Required as a member of a sports team
- As a student to ensure a safe learning environment
You may have different grounds for undergoing a drug test. Whatever the reason, it is crucial that you choose a facility that suits your needs and has a solid reputation. So how do you go about conducting your search?
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Looking for a drug testing center in Boynton Beach does not have to be something you do all alone. There are a lot of ways to ask for help. Try one of these avenues to get started:
Talk to your doctor – Family doctors are familiar with your medical history, and could also potentially offer unique insight into local drug testing facilities.
Call your insurance provider – Some providers offer additional coverage for utilizing specific drug testing facilities. Talk to a representative to make sure you are aware of the coverage to which you have access.
Ask for personal reviews – If you know people who have gone to a drug testing center in Boynton Beach, ask them about their experience. Personal accounts can offer valuable information that you may not find elsewhere.
Call The Recovery Village – Our expert coordinators have extensive knowledge of local resources, including centers and facilities that offer reputable drug testing services. Our phone lines are open 24/7, and every call is 100 percent free and confidential. Get in touch today to start your search.