Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Yakima, Washington
As a reaction to the drug epidemic in the U.S., many businesses, schools, and organizations have started to implement drug testing. This has led to an increase in the need for drug testing facilities in Yakima and surrounding areas.
There are many reasons why you may be searching for a drug test facility. Some individuals may be looking for a tool to help their loved one who struggles with addiction, while others may need to fulfill a requirement from their employer, school, or another organization. This guide will help you to narrow down the selection to find the right drug test center for your situation.
If you or any of your loved ones struggle with alcohol or drug addiction, then contact The Recovery Village®. Our intake coordinators will discuss with you our broad range of addiction treatment options near Yakima and help you choose the right one for your situation.
Yakima Drug Testing Centers
There are many options for Yakima drug testing centers. The best way to narrow down the selection is through recognizing the necessary features. You may be told where to go, or you may have to choose for yourself. The best place to start is to decide the type of test you need. This will depend on the situation for which you are getting a drug screening. If you have to choose one of the available drug testing facilities yourself, then make sure you understand the different types of tests available so you choose the one that matches what you need.
The most common drug test is known as a 5-panel drug test. This screening looks for the five most commonly abused drug categories: cocaine, marijuana, amphetamines, opiates, and phencyclidine (PCP). However, you may need to opt for a more powerful test that screens for one of the other categories of drugs, such as alcohol, barbiturates, and benzodiazepines. The suspected drug being used may play a role in which test you need as well.
In addition to which drugs are screened, you also have options for the type of specimen collected. The most common one is urine, but you may also opt for one of the others, depending on the situation. The choices include:
- Hair: For the long-term history of drug abuse, you will want to use hair.
- Sweat: A newer option is a sweat test. You wear a special patch that collects perspiration for a period of two weeks. Then, the lab professionals test the sweat for drug or alcohol use.
- Blood: Although blood testing is the most accurate of the options, it is not widely used because it is more expensive and more invasive.
- Saliva: Saliva testing is non-invasive, so it is common. However, there is only a brief window of time for which these screenings are effective.
- Urine: As stated, urine is the most commonly tested specimen because it is non-invasive and it has a good window of time for which to test for drug or alcohol use.
In addition to choosing one of the drug testing facilities Yakima based on the type of test and the specimen collected, you also want to assess it based on four important factors:
- Accuracy: One of the most important features of a facility is that it provides accurate results. To ensure this, look for one that is certified by the Department of Health and Human Services. You can look at the comprehensive list offered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- Privacy: Avoid having your results given to the wrong person through finding a center that has strict privacy guidelines.
- Speed: Do not excessively wait for your results; instead, find a location that will provide fast but accurate results.
- Experienced: Reduce human error by using a facility with experience in the type of screening needed.
There are many reasons why you may need one of the Yakima drug testing centers. Even if you do not have a history of drug or alcohol abuse or addiction, you may be required to undergo routine or random screening by your employer, school, or organization to adhere to their drug-free regulations.
Some common reasons for drug screenings include:
- During employment
- After an accident
- Suspicion of drug or alcohol abuse, especially at work or school
- After addiction treatment
- As a part of probation
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
There are several ways to find the right drug testing facility in Yakima for your situation. You can start by searching online for “drug testing centers near me.” You may find that you have more options than you would like for drug testing facilities in Yakima. Another option is to tap one of these resources:
- Insurance provider
- Family members
- Health practitioner (counselor, chiropractor, nurse, etc)
- The Recovery Village®
Searching for drug testing facilities does not always mean that you or a loved one struggle with addiction. When you do, you want to get help as soon as possible so you can overcome addiction and live a life free of drugs and alcohol. Contact The Recovery Village® to learn more about our programs that include a continuum of care to find out the best steps to take.