Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Lakewood, Washington
Drug abuse is a growing problem throughout the United States, including the city of Lakewood, Washington. Therefore, a personal and professional need for dependable drug testing centers is a growing concern throughout Lakewood and other cities across the country.
Finding reliable Lakewood drug testing centers is a stressful task for many individuals. Fortunately, many options are available for accessing these resources, regardless of the person or organization in need.
You can talk with knowledgeable associates to locate drug testing facilities in Lakewood. Showcasing worry about being tested for drugs may be an indication of substance use disorders. Yet do not become overwhelmed with fear if this sounds like you or a loved one. Fortunately, an excellent selection of addiction treatment centers close to Lakewood can assist you in handling a substance abuse issue. For example, The Recovery Village has intake coordinators who are equipped with beneficial information about these resources. Reach out to us for guidance.
Lakewood Drug Testing Centers
When locating nearby drug testing facilities, Lakewood provides many options. However, you must apply careful consideration when making your decision regarding your unique needs. This includes the kind of drugs tested for and the specimens being collected.
The 5-panel drug test is the most common test provided by facilities. This test evaluates five common drug categories: phencyclidine (PCP), opiates, amphetamines, marijuana, and cocaine. Facilities may even provide more strenuous testing that evaluates other categories, such as ethanol (alcohol), benzodiazepines, and barbiturates. The testing goal determines the substances evaluated and specimens collected.
Specimens may include the following:
- Urine: This is the most common specimen gathered and evaluated at facilities. Urine contains metabolites which assist in determining drug or alcohol use.
- Saliva: This specimen takes second place after urine. Centers must test saliva in a speedy fashion in order to produce valid and reliable results.
- Blood: Apart from all other specimens listed, blood testing brings forth the most accurate results. Unfortunately, it is too costly and invasive to employ on a regular basis.
- Hair: Metabolites can also be found in hair. Therefore, it is an acceptable specimen to collect and test for drug and alcohol use.
- Perspiration: Sweat testing is the latest method for detecting drug and alcohol use. Drug testing facilities in Lakewood meticulously evaluate a patch that has collected perspiration from the person wearing it for two weeks.
Highly regarded drug testing facilities normally have the following attributes in common:
- Private: A person’s testing results are not disclosed to unauthorized persons, taking into account legal considerations.
- Accurate: Drug test results must provide correct results. The most professional drug testing centers have received certification from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). In addition, take advantage of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) resourceful list of HHS certified laboratories in the United States to find one within your vicinity.
- Experienced: Experienced drug testing facilities operate by a stringent standard of ethics and professionalism to provide customers with dependable service.
- Fast: Within drug testing facilities, Lakewood medical experts carefully consider your time by producing accurate results in a speedy fashion. This is regardless of your purpose for the drug testing.
Customers visit Lakewood drug testing centers for a wide variety of purposes:
- Pre-employment: Specific companies may require job candidates to undergo drug testing as a prerequisite of getting hired.
- Annual physical: Companies may require employees to participate in drug testing during their yearly physical examinations.
- For-cause and reasonable suspicion: Employees showcasing disruptive behavior at work may undergo drug testing to understand if drugs or alcohol have impacted their behavior.
- Post-accident: Employees involved in workplace accidents may be subjected to drug testing to comprehend if drugs or alcohol influenced the accidents.
- Post-treatment: To ensure people have ceased abusing drugs, drug testing may be required by companies, treatment providers, or law enforcement authorities.
- Probation: People put on probation are at risk of incarceration if they fail regular drug testing.
- Sports: Amateur, collegiate, and professional athletes may be subjected to continual drug testing to maintain the well-being and dignity of competition.
- School: To keep the learning space healthy, some middle and high schools may require students to randomly undergo drug testing.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
When searching online for nearby drug testing facilities, those who need them can find plenty throughout the city of Lakewood. Locating them is much easier than you may believe. Thoughtfully examining them based on nuanced criteria and accessing helpful resources can make a positive impact on decision-making. Take advantage of the following tips to locate excellent drug testing centers in your vicinity.
- Talk to your primary care physician.
- Speak with your insurance plan provider.
- Utilize the Google search engine or additional web search tools.
- Contact The Recovery Village for professional guidance.
To find drug testing facilities, Lakewood hotline representatives are ready to inform you of the right quality of services. The Recovery Village is committed to supporting people who are battling substance use disorders. We offer a comprehensive selection of care options and facilities throughout Lakewood, for anyone in need of them. Call us as soon as possible to learn more about drug testing and addiction treatment options in Lakewood.