Substance Abuse Counseling in Bothell, Washington
Every day, the destruction of an addicted individual and their closest family and friend occurs at the hands of substance abuse. This disease is brutal, lethal, and non-discriminating. Its harmful attributes spread like a virus to all associated with the addict.
The best way to fight this destructive disease is to never give up hope. If you or someone you love is fighting the battle of addiction, substance abuse counseling can help. A structured substance abuse treatment program in Bothell can help to provide you with the skills and coping strategies to beat addiction and live an enriching and sober life.
Bothell, WA Addiction Counseling
Addiction counseling provides you with access to a professional addiction counselor in Bothell to help overcome addiction and learn to handle life’s triggers without turning to the crutch of a substance. Substance abuse programs are intensive and have many therapeutic components.
- Individual and group therapy is a major component of drug and alcohol counseling. In individual counseling, you and your addiction counselor will dive deep into past experiences and instill coping mechanisms for the future. Group therapy allows for the opportunity to be with peers, learn from the experience of others, and grow comfortable sharing your truth.
- Setting goals is a useful tool your substance abuse counselor in Bothell may employ. Both short-term and long-term goals have their place in addiction counseling. Short-term goals are used to have landmark moments in the beginning phases of treatment, particularly when dealing with the withdrawals. Long-term goals help to keep the importance of recovery in mind and keep a sense of accountability.
- Learning new life skills is paramount for long-term success. Without learning how to live life without the influence of a substance, it can be quite easy to relapse. Your addiction counselor in Bothell will teach you how to overcome life stresses and environmental triggers to maintain sobriety outside of substance abuse treatment.
Local Licensed Drug Counselor
A drug abuse counselor, or drug counselor, is your go-to expert on everything you need to know about drug addiction, including side effects and symptoms of withdrawal. A licensed alcohol and drug counselor will be able to guide you through your past traumas with addiction while building life skills for your sober future. This is particularly useful in dual diagnosis programs that handle an existing co-occurring disorder.
Local Certified Alcohol Counselor
Alcoholism is just as lethal as any illicit drug and requires the same level of professional treatment. A certified alcohol and drug counselor is also well-equipped to handle this addiction. Your substance abuse counselor in Bothell will be able to teach you how to handle being around alcohol after the conclusion of treatment, as the odds are you will venture into a store that sells this prevalent substance. You will also gain the support of your peers throughout the therapy process to learn how to never look longingly at the bottle again.
Drug Addiction Counselor Bothell, WA
When you are ready to find your drug addiction counselor in Bothell, make sure to take a few extra moments to find someone who checks all of the necessary boxes. You do not want to simply choose the first person you find, as this individual might not be the most qualified for your unique situation. Here are a few criteria to help you narrow down your search:
- Training and Certifications: Just as you would never entrust your physical health to a doctor that had not completed medical school, you should not entrust your substance abuse treatment to someone that has not obtained the proper credentials.
- Empathetic: Going through drug and alcohol counseling is a very emotional experience. You want to make sure that your substance abuse counselor in Bothell is compassionate and will connect with you on a personal level. This will assist you in committing to the process and breaking down defenses during therapy.
- Specialization: In addition to having the proper credentials, try to find a drug counselor that specializes in the type of addiction from which you suffer. This lends an extra level of expertise which is beneficial in the battle against addiction.
Substance Abuse Counseling Programs Near Me
Finding the right substance abuse programs requires the same level of discretion you will use to find your substance abuse counselor in Bothell. This can sometimes seem overwhelming to accomplish alone and without guidance. You can always ask a few trusted sources for qualified recommendations:
- Your primary care physician is an integral member of the health and wellness community, has a deep knowledge of your medical history, and can provide great personalized recommendations.
- Your insurance company has information on every substance abuse counseling program in the area and can advise you on which may be covered under your plan.
- Mental health professionals are always willing and able to help you find mental health services, no matter what type. If you would like to speak to someone while maintaining confidentiality about your specific needs, you can call The Recovery Village 24/7 to speak with a knowledgeable representative.