Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Venice, Florida
There is a strong need for professional drug testing facilities in America right now. As the opioid crisis deepens and other substance abuse statistics climb, it becomes increasingly important to conduct reliable and efficient drug testing. Florida is no exception, and if you need drug testing in Venice, Florida, there are options available to you.
Before choosing a drug testing facility, it can be helpful to know the answers to a few critical questions:
- Why is the drug test being conducted?
- What samples are taken for which tests?
- How long do results take?
- What should I look for when choosing a facility?
Read on to learn more about the answers to these questions, or call The Recovery Village now for a free, confidential conversation about drug testing in Venice, Florida. Our operators are experts at finding local resources for you and can recommend a wide variety of addiction treatment services in Venice that suit your individual needs. Get in touch for more information.
Venice Drug Testing Centers
There are a number of options when it comes to drug testing in Venice, and drug testing may be undertaken by choice or by order of an authority, like an employer or law enforcement. Some of the most common reasons for seeking a drug test facility include:
Employment: Sometimes an employer will require potential employees to undergo voluntary drug-testing in order to be considered for a position.
Continued employment: Employers may require annual or even more frequent drugs testing of employees to ensure a safe work environment.
Reasonable suspicion: If somebody is clearly unfit for work, and it is suspected that this is due to impairment from drugs or alcohol, drug testing may be required to resolve the question.
Post-accident: If an accident and/or injury occurs in a workplace, and it could be due to impairment from drugs or alcohol, employers may require a drug test to ensure the cause of the accident is known and dealt with appropriately
Parole/Probation: Individuals that are under parole or probation conditions may be required to undergo frequent and regular drug tests to ensure they are meeting those conditions under the law.
Sports: Leagues at the amateur and professional levels may require drug and alcohol testing to ensure a safe and fair environment for athletes.
Schools: Some middle and high schools subject students to random drug testing to maintain a safe learning environment for everybody.
Two factors influence the method and scope of drug testing by professional facilities: the types of drugs being tested for and the specimens collected for testing. Most drug testing centers test for five categories of drugs commonly referred to as the 5-panel drug test. Categories include marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates and phencyclidine (PCP). Other drug testing facilities in Venice may employ stronger drug testing methods which can detect additional substances such as barbiturates and benzodiazepines. Common specimens that drug testing facilities collect include:
- Urine – Arguably the most common specimen when testing for drugs, urine is a fairly reliable method of drug testing. This is because as the body metabolizes substances, including drugs, traces of these substances are excreted from the body in urine. Tests measure the levels of these metabolized substances in the urine to determine drug or alcohol use.
- Blood – Costly and considered an invasive procedure, drawing blood is rarely used to test for drug or alcohol. However, it is the most accurate method of testing available today, and some people opt for it voluntarily to ensure the highest quality results.
- Saliva – This is the second most commonly tested specimen for the presence of drugs or alcohol. Although there is only a short timeframe in which drugs or alcohol are detectable in saliva, it is popular because it is cost-effective, non-invasive, and easy to obtain.
- Hair – As the body metabolizes drugs and alcohol, those substances move through all the blood vessels in the body, including those in the scalp. These metabolites are filtered out into the hair, which will stay in the hair until the strand falls out or is removed. This creates a long-term record of drug and alcohol use.
- Sweat – A fairly new method of drug testing, perspiration is collected via a ‘sweat patch,’ which stays on the skin for two weeks. The patch will detect drugs that are excreted through the skin during that time.
The results of a drug test can determine whether or not the subject is employed or unemployed, free or behind bars, at home or in the hospital. For these reasons, it is crucial that drug testing facilities in Venice are of top-quality. When looking for the right drug testing center for your needs, keep in mind these top four characteristics of a quality facility:
Accurate – You can look up whether a specific facility is certified by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). If so, that means that this center’s test results are clear and correct the majority of the time.
Fast – Because of the questions that hang in the balance until drug test results come back, choose a facility that doesn’t take overly long to analyze specimens. Different drug tests do require different testing timelines, so ensure you are familiar with the expected timeline when submitting a drug test.
Private – The results of a drug test could impact many lives in a negative way, so it is crucial that you ensure your chosen drug testing facility does not share results or personal information with outside entities.
Experienced – Going to a facility that has a proven history of accuracy and discretion limits the risk of exposing yourself to poor drug testing practices. Choose a drug testing center in Venice that is experienced and professional when it comes to drug testing.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Looking for a drug testing facility in Venice, Florida? A thorough Google search may turn up a few good options, but there are other ways to find the right facility for your needs:
- Ask your doctor: Doctors have an ‘ear to the ground’ when it comes to the local medical community, and may be able to give you insight into certain facilities that people outside of that community may not know. They also likely have experience referring other patients to a drug testing center and can offer a recommendation based on that.
- Call your insurance provider: Some providers offer extra coverage for attending specific facilities. Be sure to call and check with them if payment is necessary for your drug test.
- Get in touch with The Recovery Village: Our intake specialists are ready to take your call 24/7 and have extensive knowledge of local drug testing facilities in Venice. Every call is free and confidential with no obligations attached. Call us to speak with a representative.
Undergoing a drug test does not have to be a frightening or stressful process. The Recovery Village offers support to people both considering addiction treatment, undergoing treatment, or currently in recovery. Reach out today and get the help for which you are looking.