Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Tampa, Florida
A drug epidemic is running rampant across Florida. Unfortunately, the city of Tampa is no exception to this deadly trend. This crisis creates both a personal and professional need for drug testing facilities in the area. While it can be difficult to find reliable Tampa drug testing centers, helpful resources are available for employers, individuals, and those who suspect their loved ones struggle with addiction.
If you’re looking for drug testing facilities, Tampa representative are available to lend a helping hand. In some cases, fear about going to a drug test can be a sign of substance use disorder. If this sounds like you or someone close to you, know that there are a broad range of treatment centers near and close to Tampa that can help you work through your struggles, including The Recovery Village. Reach out to an intake coordinator today for more information.
Tampa Drug Testing Centers
If you’re searching for local drug testing facilities, Tampa has a large variety of available options. However, because there are a broad range of drug tests available, it’s important to understand which will work best for your needs.
Tests administered at drug testing centers typically vary based on two factors: the types of drugs they test for and the types of specimens that are collected. Referred to as a 5-panel drug test, most drug screenings test for five categories of drugs, including amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, phencyclidine (PCP) and opiates. Some Tampa drug testing facilities may administer more powerful tests that measure other drug categories, like barbiturates, ethanol (alcohol) and benzodiazepines. The strength of the test and the amount of substances tested for will vary depending on the reason for the test. Different specimen types may be collected depending on the goal of the drug test.
Specimens collected for drug testing may include:
- Urine: This is the most common type of specimen collected at a drug test center. Urine is so widely used because metabolites, or structures produced by the metabolism after any substance is ingested — are excreted from the body through urine. Urine testing measures levels of these metabolites to evaluate drug or alcohol use.
- Saliva: Saliva is the second most frequently collected specimen at Tampa drug testing centers, primarily because the test is fast and noninvasive. However, these tests can only be used to detect drug use within a brief window of time.
- Blood: Because of the high cost and invasive nature of blood testing, this method is seldom used. However, blood testing is the most accurate specimen for drug testing.
- Hair: After ingesting a drug, metabolites created by the body enter the blood vessels of the scalp and are filtered out through the hair. Because these metabolites stay present in the hair, hair drug testing can act as a permanent record of a person’s drug use.
- Perspiration: A newer method of drug testing, sweat testing requires that a sweat patch be affixed to the skin for two weeks. Over that period of time, the patch detects any drugs that a person excretes through perspiration. Once the patch arrives at drug testing facilities, Tampa medical professionals examine it carefully.
Reliable drug testing centers tend to have a few key characteristics in common.
- Accurate. Testing results are clear and correct. The easiest way to assess the accuracy of a facility’s tests is to see if they are certified with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Consult the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) comprehensive list of HHS certified laboratories across the country to find one near you.
- Private. Because the results of a drug test could be damaging to an individual’s personal and professional life, it’s important that a drug testing facility does not share test outcomes with any unauthorized individuals.
- Fast. Regarding most drug tests, time is of the essence. Whether you need the results for work, school, sports or other activities, make sure that the drug testing facility you go to can deliver your results in an expedient fashion.
- Experienced. Undergoing testing from an experienced center means that you can rely on their results and trust that the process will be seamless and professional.
People seek out Tampa drug testing facilities for many reasons. Some of the most common circumstances that might warrant a drug test include:
- Pre-Employment: This test may need to be taken if an employer makes passing a drug test a condition of employment. If that is the case, before being hired at a company, job candidates must pass a drug test.
- Annual Physical: Employers test employees for alcohol or other drugs as part of an annual physical exam.
- For-Cause and Reasonable Suspicion: If an employee shows clear signs of being unfit for work, which may be influenced by drug use, employers may require them to take a drug test.
- Post-Accident: If an employee is involved in a workplace accident, employers may require them to take a drug test to determine if alcohol or drugs were a contributing factor to the incident.
- Post-Treatment: After completing a rehabilitation program, employers, treatment providers or law enforcement officials may require individuals to take a test to verify that drug or alcohol use has been discontinued.
- Probation: After an individual is put on probation, they will be subject to regular drug testing. Failure to pass may result in incarceration.
- Sports: To ensure fair and safe sport, amateur, collegiate and professional athletes may be required to take regular drug and alcohol tests.
- School: Some middle and high schools may subject students to random drug tests to ensure a drug-free atmosphere.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Searching online for “drug testing facilities near me”? Reliable Tampa drug testing centers are available for individuals and employers who need them, and finding them is easier than you may think. By evaluating each center based on specific criteria and consulting reliable resources, you can locate trustworthy Tampa drug testing centers and complete your search for “drug testing centers near me.”
Finding Quality Drug Testing Facilities in Tampa
- Talk with your doctor: Because they are familiar with your medical history and the purpose of your drug test, your primary care physician can recommend a high-quality drug testing center in Tampa, Florida that meets your needs.
- Contact your insurance provider: Speaking to a representative at your insurance company can make it easier to locate a drug testing facility that fits in your coverage if payment is necessary.
- Do a Google search: Looking online can help you get a sense of your local drug testing options.
- Call The Recovery Village: Representatives at The Recovery Village can help you located drug testing centers near you in Tampa, Florida, along with other professional services if necessary.
To find drug testing facilities, Tampa hotline representative are available to help. If you don’t want to speak to someone directly, online channels exist to make the process easier. If you or someone you know struggles with addiction, The Recovery Village is available to help. With a full continuum of care and facilities located near Tampa, The Recovery Village offers something for everyone. Reach out to a representative today for more information.