Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Pompano Beach, Florida
A dangerous and deadly drug epidemic is hitting the nation hard. The city of Pompano Beach is, unfortunately, part of this frightening trend. With this comes the need for more drug testing facilities in Pompano Beach and the surrounding area. Whether it is for professional reasons or you suspect a loved one is using drugs, you may be seeking a reliable drug testing center.
If you suspect drug use in a loved one, getting a drug test is a brave first step. Fear of getting a drug test can be an indicator of substance abuse in Pompano Beach. Please know there are many treatment options in the Pompano Beach area, and we at The Recovery Village can help you and your loved one through this difficult time. Please reach out to one of our caring intake coordinators for more information on our services and how we can help.
Pompano Beach Drug Testing Centers
Before you choose a drug testing facility, it is useful to understand the different types of drug tests available and choose the one to best fit your needs. Usually, two factors dictate the tests:
- The types of drugs for which the person is being tested
- The types of specimens being collected
Most drug tests look for five categories of drugs, and this is referred to as a 5 Panel Drug test. This test identifies amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, phencyclidine (PCP) and opiates. If you feel other drugs or substances need to be looked for, you can request another type of test, but make sure the facility offers that type. Depending on why the individual is being tested, the strength of the test and the amount tested for can vary. Also, different specimens will be tested depending on the reason for the test. Some different specimen test types are:
- Urine – This is the most common way to test for drugs. After a substance is ingested, metabolites are excreted in the urine. Drug or alcohol use can be detected this way. It is less invasive and more cost-effective than other methods.
- Saliva – Saliva is the second most common method for drug testing. This is a quick, noninvasive test and often used in Pompano Beach drug testing centers. However, the window of time for detecting drugs is brief with this method.
- Blood – Though this is the most accurate form of drug testing, it costs more and is more invasive than other methods.
- Hair – This method provides a longer history of drug use. Metabolites are filtered through the hair and become a type of permanent record of drug use.
- Perspiration – This newer method uses a patch that the person wears for a period of two weeks. The perspiration secreted into the patch is then tested and examined for drug use.
Besides the type of test that is offered at each facility, it is important to consider the test center itself. Look for accuracy, privacy, experience, and quick turn around time when looking for drug testing facilities in Pompano Beach.
Different reasons exist for seeking a drug test. Some are no big deal; maybe your job just requires it. Others can be life-changing, for instance, if you suspect your child is using drugs. Common reasons include:
- Pre- Employment – Many employers require potential employees to pass a drug test before hiring.
- Annual Physical – Some employers require this as part of an annual exam to ensure their community is staying drug-free. Some insurance policies may require it as well.
- For Cause and Reasonable Suspicion – Whether an employer suspects it or a parent suspects drug use in a child or other family member, this is a common reason for drug testing.
- Post-Accident – If an on-the-job accident takes place, the person may need to be drug tested to make sure drugs were not a factor in the accident.
- Post -Treatment – An employer, provider, or law enforcement official may require a drug test after treatment to make sure the person is staying clean.
- Probation – Those on probation cannot use drugs and if found using, they may be incarcerated again.
- Sports – Sports teams may require drug testing to ensure fair and safe playing. If found to be using, a player may be removed from the team.
- School – Some schools require regular drug testing to make sure the school remains a drug-free environment.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
By using specific search criteria and different resources, you can find a reputable Pompano Beach drug testing facility. It may be a difficult step depending on the reason, but it is usually the right one. When looking for a place for testing, you can ask your family doctor, contact your insurance provider, or search online.
You can also call The Recovery Village at any time and we would be happy to help. Our caring staff can help you find a testing facility and anything else you may need regarding substance abuse treatment.
If you or any of your loved ones are using drugs, or you suspect them to be, please reach out to us at The Recovery Village. This can be a very difficult path, but you are on the right track if you are considering testing. We can be with you during this time, and The Recovery Village offers a variety of care options in the Pompano Beach area. Take the step and reach out to us; we are here for you.