Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Ormond Beach, Florida
Ormond Beach is a small Florida city, but this does not mean that it is immune from the drug epidemic sweeping the nation. A definite necessity for professional and personal drug testing is apparent. Finding a reliable Ormond Beach drug testing center may be difficult at first, but the good news is that resources are available to help you find facilities to test loved ones, employees, and other individuals.
If you have a loved one who refuses to test, he or she may be exhibiting signs of a substance use disorder. This fear of testing may indicate the need for testing now more than ever. Fortunately, you have options.
An Ormond Beach representative is ready to talk to you about drug testing facilities in your area. With so many addiction treatment centers in Ormond Beach and the surrounding area, you have access to people who understand your struggles. The Recovery Village is one resource you can use to reach out for additional assistance and information.
Ormond Beach Drug Testing Centers
In your quest to find local drug testing facilities, Ormond Beach is a good place to start. However, before you choose, you might want to know which type of test and what kind of specimen you need to get the results you want.
First, you must consider the type of drugs for which the facility will screen. A five-panel drug test is among the most common types of tests facilities use because it allows for the testing of the five main drugs about which employers want to know. These drugs include cocaine, PCP, opiates, marijuana, and amphetamines. You can request a stronger test if you are concerned with substances like barbiturates and alcohol.
Next, you will choose which type of specimen the facility should collect. Each specimen has its advantages and disadvantages to consider.
- Urine – While the most common type of specimen used to test for drugs, it has a limited time for which it can test. Urine works as a specimen because lab professionals can test for metabolites in the fluid.
- Saliva – Saliva is easy and quick to collect, making it a popular choice for drug testing facilities. Unfortunately, saliva can detect drug use in only a short amount of time.
- Blood – While expensive and invasive, blood testing does allow for accuracy in a drug test.
- Hair – Hair provides a long-term profile of which drugs have been used and for how long. Hair collection is relatively easy, but testing may be more complex than with urine.
- Sweat – Perspiration is a new specimen for drug testing, but it is effective when collected on a patch for two weeks. Testing can pinpoint drugs and alcohol excreted from the body during this period.
How can you know that you have found reliable Ormond Beach drug testing centers? Be on the lookout for these four key factors:
- Accuracy – The results of a drug test should not be called into question. Reliable testing centers offer accurate results. Check that the facility is certified by the Department of Health and Human Services and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- Privacy – No matter what the results of a drug test say, they could be damaging to one’s professional and personal life. For this reason, you should opt for a facility that does not share outcomes without authorization.
- Speed – Drug tests require quick results, especially when education or career is on the line. Choose a facility that allows for quick delivery of testing results.
- Experience – When you work with a drug testing center, you want to know that the people handling the materials have done it all before. A professional appearance and seamless handling of your materials are crucial.
Drug testing facilities in Ormond Beach offer a number of helpful services. Consider these helpful services you can utilize:
- Post-treatment – Rehabilitation programs may require clients to go in for regular testing as verification that substance abuse is discontinued.
- Education – Schools and colleges may subject students to random drug tests, ensuring that the campus remains drug-free.
- Pre-employment – Employment offers are often contingent on passing a drug test. Companies often hire facilities to handle this portion of the process.
- Post-accident – Employees involved in accidents in the workplace may be required by employers to take tests determining if drugs or alcohol played a role.
- Sports Teams – Athletes of varying levels may be required to take regular tests to ensure fair and safe playing.
- Physical Exam – An annual physical is often a requirement of employers. The exam often includes a drug test.
- Probation – Some individuals on probation for drug-related offenses are required to come in for regular testing.
- Reasonable Suspicion – Employees may demonstrate to employers that they are not fit to be working. Drug use is a common concern among employers, who may test employees with cause.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Reliable drug testing centers in Ormond Beach can serve individuals and employers. Simply search for a facility that compares favorably to your criteria.
Resources are available to help you find Ormond Beach drug testing centers.
- Physicians – Talk to your doctor about drug testing facilities in your area. Not only can the doctor point you toward these centers, but he or she can also point you toward excellent treatment programs.
- Insurance – Your insurance provider may be able to point out facilities in your area that will take your health insurance.
- Internet – Google and other search engines provide simple ways to find Ormond Beach drug testing facilities.
- The Recovery Village – Representatives at the center can help you find drug testing centers in Ormond Beach.
Ormond Beach hotline representatives are available to help you find drug testing facilities throughout Florida. If you are nervous about speaking to somebody about substance abuse, you can also use the web to get in touch. The Recovery Village helps people struggling with addiction and dependency issues with a full spectrum of care. Representatives are standing by to help you.