Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Orange Park, Florida
Sometimes the illnesses that do not show outwardly can hurt just as much, if not more than physical illnesses. Mental health is just as important as physical health, but treatment can be stigmatized through a lack of understanding.
This can cause someone suffering from a mental illness not to seek the treatment needed to gain a better quality of life. You or someone you love could be suffering from a mental health disorder and be covering up the symptoms with an addiction, feeding into what is known as a co-occurring disorder. It is so easy to think that addiction is the only problem, but an untreated mental illness will continue to plague your or your loved one’s life without proper attention and care. Mental health disorders such as bipolar disorder, depression, and anxiety can all be treated and maintained with proper care. There are mental health facilities that can help those who suffer from mental health issues as well as addiction treatment centers in Orange Park, Florida and surrounding areas to treat co-occurring substance use disorder.
Mental Health Facilities in Orange Park, Florida
Mental health facilities in Orange Park provide a structured environment to help improve mental health and combat mental illness and disorders. Staffed with experts in the field, these facilities can have varying levels of care, depending on the type of mental health disorder that is presented in the patient:
- Residential Mental Health Facilities: A residential mental health facility is indicative of its name; these mental health facilities provide on-site living for patients to receive medical and therapeutic treatment. This includes group and/or individual therapy sessions with a counselor, as well as medical stabilization for a patient in a distressed mental state.
- Inpatient Mental Health Facilities: Just like residential mental health facilities, inpatient mental health facilities have patients on location 24/7. These mental health facilities are used for short-term critical periods of stabilization and monitoring of patients in extreme distress, including self-harm. (If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255.)
- Long-Term Mental Health Facilities: Long-term mental health facilities are used for extended care and treatment. This provides an environment to help patients learn new skill sets to deal with symptoms of mental health disorders in everyday life. The individual and group therapy sessions can continue throughout long-term care to help create new behaviors and self-sufficiency.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
When you or someone you love is in mental distress, it is important to find immediate and qualified help close to home in Orange Park. As with any medical doctor, you want an expert you can trust and visit regularly throughout treatment to ease the process and provide peace of mind. There are some great resources to help you find Orange Park mental health hospitals:
- Insurance Providers: Your insurance company can give you a list of in and out of network mental health hospitals in Orange Park to help you coordinate the cost of your care.
- Family Physician: Your doctor’s office can always provide references and referrals to mental health hospitals with whom they have worked in the past or would recommend for your specific needs.
- Mental Health Counselors and Therapists: Professionals working in the field of mental health are wonderful people to ask regarding Orange Park mental health hospitals. Mental health counselors will be working with you or your loved one in and after treatment in a mental health hospital or mental health facility, and are empathetic to the struggle. Your local substance abuse treatment center is a confidential resource by which to reach these professionals and ask the questions you need answers to start the journey to a healthier life.
If you or someone you know is currently in a state of mental distress, the Crisis Text Line can help. Text 741741 for immediate help.
Mental Health Programs Orange Park
There are many mental health programs to help you or your loved one continue the journey toward mental health and stability past the walls of a mental health hospital. Mental health counseling programs allow for regular meetings with a mental health counselor to continue therapeutic programs for the specific mental illness involved. Intensive outpatient programs for mental health provide more rigid therapy schedules to help with behaviors for long-term care. When choosing a mental health program in Orange Park, factors to consider include your mental health history, any co-occurring substance abuse, and your goals for treatment. If you need mental health assistance as well as addiction treatment, contact The Recovery Village today to speak confidentially with one of our intake specialists.
Mental Health Counselor Orange Park, FL
Mental health counselors will be your guide and authority through the journey of mental health treatment. Mental health counselors in Orange Park know how to treat mental illness, what symptoms to look for, and how to help you or your loved one heal. You can find help for mental illness and addiction through co-occurring disorder treatment at The Recovery Village. Reach out today to begin the healing process.