Substance Abuse Counseling in Okeechobee, Florida
When faced with substance abuse or addiction, it is common to undergo substance abuse counseling. You may meet with a certified alcohol and drug counselor to support your road to recovery. Some individuals also undergo treatment in a clinical setting and work with substance abuse counselors to address the underlying emotional or psychological problems contributing to the dysfunctional behavioral patterns.
You have many options for drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs utilizing some form of substance abuse counseling in Okeechobee, including those found at The Recovery Village®.
Okeechobee, Florida Addiction Counseling
When you meet with drug abuse counselors, you have the chance to talk about the physical and psychological problems contributing to your substance abuse and associated behaviors. Everyone’s road to recovery is unique, so the role your alcohol and drug counselor takes will reflect your own problems, stage of recovery, and other specifics.
In general, substance abuse counselors undergo special training and receive a license to practice. They listen and support clients, especially at times of crisis. As part of their training, a licensed alcohol and drug counselor is versed in:
- Chemical treatments
- Diverse therapeutic modalities
- Human behavior
Your addiction counseling may include:
- Identifying positive coping mechanisms to replace unhealthy ones
- Creating a plan for sober living or aftercare
- Crafting a plan for your treatment, including goals for your care
- Partaking in group and/or individual therapy sessions
- Attending support groups or 12-step programs
- Reintegrating into society, including finding employment
It is important to find a caring and encouraging drug and alcohol counselor with whom you feel comfortable.
Local Licensed Drug Counselor
In some situations, your substance abuse treatment program will also include meetings with a licensed drug counselor. If you have a history of addiction to narcotics, such as opioids, prescription medication, stimulants or some other type of drug addiction, then you may find that working with a licensed drug counselor will help you on the road to recovery.
Whether you are just starting your treatment or are in recovery, working with drug counselors provides additional support during your program. A substance abuse counselor in Okeechobee will recommend treatment facilities, support groups, counseling, and/or 12-step programs. A counselor will also be a compassionate listener to help you work through potential co-occurring mental or physical disorders.
Local Certified Alcohol Counselor
Many people battling substance abuse have a problem with alcohol addiction. Working with a certified alcohol counselor provides similar benefits to a drug counselor. Your alcohol counselor is someone to assist you through your recovery, whether during the first days, months, or years into your sobriety.
You want to select an addiction counselor in Okeechobee whom you can trust and who is adequately trained. One way to find a trusted certified alcohol counselor is through searching for one certified by the National Association for Addiction Professionals. They have strict criteria counselors must meet, so you can feel confident in your counselor’s ability.
Drug Addiction Counselor Okeechobee, FL
When you search for a drug addiction counselor in Okeechobee, you want to make sure you find the right one for you. Everyone has different personalities and needs, so luckily, there are many options to help you find a good fit. If you struggle to find someone, contact us at The Recovery Village®. We can help you find a counselor or other treatment for substance abuse problems.
With a drug counselor, you have someone to guide you through the different stages of recovery as well as a confidant to discuss your struggles with overcoming addiction. A substance abuse counselor in Okeechobee can help you to discover the roots of the addiction and reduce your chances of a relapse.
Substance Abuse Counseling Programs Near Me
You have many options for searching for a substance abuse counseling program. Here are a few solutions for finding one to meet your needs:
- Online search: Start your search online to see what is available in your area, as well as to read the online reviews and testimonials from past clients.
- 24-hour hotlines: No matter what time of day or day of the week, we at The Recovery Village® are here to help. We have two dedicated 24-hour hotlines: drug and alcohol. Our representatives will help you find the local resources for your situation.
- Insurance: Another resource is your insurance provider. Your provider should have a list of in-network counselors and facilities for substance use disorder.
- Doctor: Your primary care physician will also have a list of options for drug and alcohol counseling to help deal with your personal needs.
- Personal network: If you feel comfortable, you can also ask your friends, family members, and coworkers about their experiences with drug counseling to see if they have any recommendations.
Whether you have questions about substance abuse programs or are looking for options for substance abuse counselors in Okeechobee, contact The Recovery Village®. We will talk to you about your situation and provide recommendations. You may find that just talking to someone who understands takes away some of the stress of finding the right addiction treatment support for you.