Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Lutz, Florida
As the drug epidemic sweeps the nation, Lutz residents are, sadly, not immune to its effects. The ongoing crisis causes a need for both professional and personal drug testing facilities. Resources are readily available for individuals, employers, and others who believe their loved ones are struggling and in need of addiction treatment in Lutz.
For those seeking a facility that does drug testing, Lutz representatives are available to help. Some people might be concerned that subjecting themselves to a drug test means they have a substance use disorder. If this seems familiar to you or a loved one, know that there are many treatment centers close to Lutz that can help, such as The Recovery Village. Call today to speak with a coordinator and find out more.
Lutz Drug Testing Centers
There are a number of options in drug testing facilities in or near Lutz, so choosing what works best for you is important.
Testing conducted at local facilities is normally based on two things: the type of drugs that are tested for and specimen types collected. Called a 5-panel test, most screenings look at five drug categories that include cocaine, amphetamines, phencyclidine (PCP), marijuana, and opiates. Other Lutz facilities may use tests that are more powerful to text for ethanol (alcohol), benzodiazepines, and barbiturates. The substances they test for and test strength depend on why the test is being performed. Different specimens may be tested depending on the drug test’s goal.
Drug testing specimens may include:
- Urine: Urine is the specimen most commonly collected at drug testing centers. Metabolites, the structures produced when substances are ingested, leave the body through the urine. Testing the urine measures the metabolite level to assess the use of drugs or alcohol.
- Blood: Blood tests are both expensive and invasive, so they are less commonly used than other tests, even though they give the most accurate readings.
- Saliva: Saliva is collected at many facilities around Lutz. This is because it is noninvasive and fast. However, a brief window after using a drug is required to detect the presence of a drug.
- Perspiration: This is a newer way to perform a drug test. It requires that the person being tested wear a patch against the skin for two weeks. Over time, the patch can detect drugs excreted through perspiration. Then the patch is removed and sent to a drug testing facility to be examined.
- Hair: Hair permanently retains an individual’s history of drug use by detecting metabolites when they enter the scalp’s blood vessels and exit through the hair.
Centers for drug testing should display these key characteristics.
- Accuracy: The results of the test should be correct and clear. One way to check is to see if the company is certified with Health and Human Services (HHS). The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) offers a detailed list of labs around the country that are certified.
- Privacy: It is important that drug testing results be kept private to avoid damaging the individual’s personal or professional life.
- Fast: Time is an important consideration when taking a drug test. Ensure the testing facility you choose can provide the results in a timely manner.
- Experienced: By using a center with experience, you can trust the results are accurate, professional, and trouble-free.
There are many reasons people use facilities for drug testing. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- Pre-Employment Testing: Drug testing is a common prerequisite for employment.
- Physical Exams: Some companies require annual physicals, and drug/alcohol testing is a part of the exam.
- Reasonable Suspicion: Those who have problems at work or are showing signs of possible alcohol or drug problems may be required to submit to drug testing.
- Following an Accident: After an accident at work, the employer may want the injured employee to be drug tested. This is to ensure that drugs or alcohol did not contribute to the accident.
- After Treatment: Following a program of rehabilitation, law enforcement officers, employers, or treatment providers may require drug testing to ensure that alcohol or drug use is not ongoing.
- Probation: Those on probation are commonly required to take drug tests, at least for a period of time.
- Sports: Athletes, whether professional, collegiate, or amateur, may have to be tested regularly for alcohol and drugs.
- School: Some schools conduct random testing for drugs to maintain an atmosphere that is drug-free.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Trying to find nearby testing facilities on the internet? Drug testing facilities in Lutz are located nearby for employers and others who require them, and locating a convenient center is easy. By looking at each center based on your needs and by using reliable resources, it is possible to find good Lutz drug testing centers.
Here are some additional resources you can use when trying to find a good drug testing facility:
- Speak to your doctor: A physician who knows your medical history and health problems can help by recommending a testing center near Lutz, Florida.
- Ask your insurance agent: Your agent can tell you if you have coverage for drug facilities that do drug testing. This can lower the cost.
- Search on the internet: Nearby options for drug testing can be located with a simple search.
- Phone The Recovery Village: Representatives are waiting at The Recovery Village to answer your questions and help locate appropriate facilities in the Lutz area.
Hotline representatives for Lutz can help you locate nearby facilities that perform drug tests, or you have the option to use an online channel instead of speaking to a person. Why struggle with an addiction when The Recovery Village can help? With the wide range of facilities and care options near Lutz, The Recovery Village can find the right answer for you. Call a representative to find out more information.