Substance Abuse Counseling in Land O’ Lakes, Florida
If you are suffering from substance addiction, substance abuse counseling is one type of therapy from which you can benefit. This is similar to other types of therapy and it is a key component in overcoming an addiction. That is why many rehabs incorporate substance abuse counseling into their addiction treatment programs in Land O’ Lakes and surrounding areas. Those seeking a healthier, drug-free future can meet with a licensed drug counselor or certified alcohol counselor. The end goal is a safe and effective recovery, reached by exploring behavioral patterns and emotional and psychological obstacles holding the person in the addiction.
Land O’ Lakes, Florida Addiction Counseling
Though the role of an addiction counselor changes for each client depending on specific needs, the general role is to listen to, support, and encourage a client in times of crisis and throughout recovery. Counselors are professionals who have a variety of educational backgrounds including psychology, human behavior, chemical therapy, and therapeutic methods.
Uncovering the roots of destructive behaviors is an important part of recovery, and substance abuse counselors help their clients do this. Each situation is different and a good counselor will help each client in an individual, caring way. A counselor can help with:
- Developing treatment goals and plans
- Implementing positive coping mechanisms
- Finding group therapy sessions to attend
- Offering recommendations for 12 step programs or support groups
- Setting up aftercare and sober living plans
- Re-entering the workforce and finding employment
A counselor should be someone you trust and someone who is a good match for your personality. When looking for a counselor in Land O’Lakes, look for someone with compassion, support, and safe and effective advice at any point in recovery.
Local Licensed Drug Counselor
No matter what the drug addiction may be (narcotics, stimulants, opiates, or prescription medication), a drug counselor can help. A counselor can also help diagnose if there is a co-occurring disorder, like a mental issue, and help the client deal with this as well.
There are many licensed drug counselors in Land O’Lakes, Florida. Psychology Today has an online database with many of these counselors listed. They range in services, credentials, expertise, and background so you can find one to match your needs.
Local Certified Alcohol Counselor
A local, certified alcohol counselor can provide these same services for those with an alcohol addiction. Regardless of where someone may be on his journey to sobriety, a counselor can help.
The National Association for Addiction Professionals helps to ensure that practicing professionals have the right certifications and credentials to offer the best help. This is a good tool to use to find a counselor who you know will have the qualifications to help you.
Drug Addiction Counselor Land O’Lakes, FL
Drug addiction counselors will guide their patients through recovery, whether the patient is just getting started with sobriety or has been clean for years. Those in recovery need a safe and supportive environment in which to explore their background, their fears, and their reasons for addiction. A counselor can provide this while talking one-on-one, listening to their struggles, and exploring the reasons for their drug or alcohol dependence.
With all the drug addiction counselors in Land O’Lakes, Florida, it can be difficult to find just the right one. However, The Recovery Village is just a phone call away, and you can call us today for information on a treatment plan with a substance abuse counselor and take that first step toward a drug-free life.
Substance Abuse Counseling Programs Near Me
If you are seeking help for yourself or a loved one, you have many available resources. If you need help finding a good substance abuse counselor in Land O’Lakes, you can turn to:
- Your family doctor – Your doctor may already be aware of your situation or at least has experience with this. He or she can provide someone who will be a good match.
- Your insurance provider – Your insurance provider can give you substance abuse counselors who are in your network.
- Online referrals – Take a look online for drug counseling in your area. You can read reviews and see patient feedback.
- Personal recommendations – You may be surprised to know that maybe a friend or coworker has been through this before. You may be able to get a good recommendation for an addiction counselor, plus the support of a friend.
- 24-hour hotlines – The Recovery Village provides 24-hour hotlines where you can get information on local resources: alcohol and drug.
You can also always call The Recovery Village to speak with one of our caring representatives who can help you with counseling options or anything else regarding treatment. These calls are free and confidential, and you will be under no obligation. Sometimes having someone to talk to can help you make that life change to sobriety. The Recovery Village can provide a variety of treatment options and help you on the road to a clean, more fulfilling life.