Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Land O’ Lakes, Florida
Sometimes mental illness is not as apparent as physical illness to the naked eye. This does not mean that mental illness is any less serious than physical illness, despite the lack of physical proof such as a bodily injury. Many of those suffering from mental illness feel too stigmatized to ask for professional help and seek to self-medicate through drug or alcohol addiction, leading to co-occurring disorders that exacerbate both the mental illness and the addiction. Do not suffer in silence with any form of mental health disorder or mental illness. There are mental health facilities available to offer the mental health and addiction treatment in Land O’ Lakes that you need and deserve.
Mental Health Facilities in Land O’ Lakes, Florida
Mental health facilities in Land O’ Lakes are a safe haven for those suffering from mental illness or mental health disorders to receive the proper regime of treatment in a controlled environment. These facilities are armed with qualified staff to provide varying levels of treatment dependent on your level of need.
- Residential Mental Health Facilities: As ascertained from the name, residential mental health facilities allow patients to live onsite for 24/7 care and observation. Medical and therapeutic treatments can be prescribed, such as medication or group and individual therapy. Types of mental illness treated in these facilities are severe and complex cases of bipolar disorder, clinical depression, and schizophrenia.
- Inpatient Mental Health Facilities: Like residential mental health facilities, inpatient mental health facilities have patients staying full-time to ensure proper stabilization during times of mental health crisis. Stays in inpatient mental health facilities are geared toward short-term stays to achieve mental balance during these critical periods. (If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255.)
- Long-Term Mental Health Facilities: Extended care and treatment are offered through long-term mental health facilities. These facilities are geared toward teaching new life skills, such as coping mechanisms or retraining behaviors to ensure a complete and healthy life while managing mental illness.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
If you or someone you love is in a state of mental distress, do not delay the search for professional help any longer. (The Crisis Text Line can help. Text 741741 for immediate help.)
Land O’ Lakes mental health hospitals are ready and waiting to assist in getting you the stabilization and relief for which you are searching. To help you find the mental health hospital in Land O’ Lakes that best suits your individual needs, seek the following sources for qualified recommendations:
- Insurance Provider: Your health insurance provider will be able to provide you with a list of both in- and out-of-network mental health hospitals near you to help you identify where you might receive the most coverage.
- Primary Care Physician: Your PCP, or family doctor, is knowledgeable about your medical history and can provide a recommendation to a Land O’ Lakes mental health hospital that will suit your individual needs best.
- Mental Health Professionals: Licensed counselors and therapists in a wide-spectrum of the mental health field are always amazing resources when searching for the best mental health hospitals in Land O’ Lakes. Mental health hospitals and therapists work closely together to provide a complete prescription for treatment for mental health disorders, making these counselors great people to ask for a qualified recommendation. If you would like to speak to experts in the mental health field confidentially to start your search, you may contact your local leader in substance abuse treatment to help answer specific questions an internet search of “mental health hospitals near me” just cannot provide.
Mental Health Programs Land O’ Lakes
There are several options for mental health programs in Land O’ Lakes to help you or your loved one achieve and maintain a peaceful state of mental health outside of a mental health facility or mental health hospital. Mental health counseling programs allow for you to work one-on-one, or in a group, with a licensed counselor to work through environmental stressors and develop coping skills. An intensive outpatient program provides a higher level of treatment than just a counseling program to help ensure proper medication stabilization and to gain a consistent state of being.
Mental Health Counselor Land O’ Lakes, FL
A mental health counselor in Land O’ Lakes will be your confidant, guide, ally, and friend while living with a mental health disorder or mental illness. Since your mental health is just as important as your physical health, you want to make sure you have the same level of professionalism in the mental health field as you would your medical doctor. To learn more about how to find a qualified mental health counselor in Land O’ Lakes, reach out to The Recovery Village today.