Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Key West, Florida
Although life in the Florida Keys seems like an escape from the rest of the United States at times, Key West is not immune to the battle of drug addiction afflicting Americans without discrimination of age, race, or socio-economic status. If you or someone you love is struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, you want to utilize as many resources as possible to ensure long-term recovery. An option for maintaining accountability during and outside the structure of a substance abuse treatment program in Key West is utilizing the services of drug testing centers.
Key West Drug Testing Centers
Key West drug testing centers are very versatile in regards to how they can work for you and your individual needs. Some common uses of a drug test center include:
- Rehabilitation Accountability: Drug testing centers can be used by substance abuse treatment programs during treatment, as part of outpatient therapy, in sober living, and beyond. Private therapists may enact random drug tests to keep those in recovery focused on constant sobriety.
- Pre-Employment Processing: A drug test center is a common place for applicants to visit as part of their application and employment process with many major corporations. Employment agencies are big proponents of having employees pass drug screens prior to being placed with a client for temporary or permanent work.
- Probation Enforcement: Many times, conditions of probation require parolees to maintain a sober lifestyle and will enforce regularly scheduled or random drug testing throughout the probation time period. Failure to comply or pass the drug test may result in reversal of the probation.
You can request a drug test at your local Key West drug testing centers for yourself or your loved one at any time. If you have questions about the process of using a drug test center, you can reach out to your local substance abuse treatment authority in Key West for complete and confidential information.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
You might initially think that finding drug testing facilities in Key West is as simple as doing an internet search for “drug testing centers near me”, right? Not necessarily. You want to make sure that the drug test facility you choose has the type of specific drug test for which you are looking. Here is some general information on types of drug screens you may encounter in your search for drug testing facilities:
- Blood Drug Screen: A blood test will provide your Key West drug testing center of choice with the complete and most comprehensive information on what substances are present in a patient’s body. If the patient being tested is cooperative and the goal is to get the full spectrum of substance abuse and usage, a blood drug screen is the way to go. However, if the patient is less cooperative or has an aversion to needles, this drug screen can prove more challenging to administer.
- Urine Drug Screen: A urine test is probably the most common drug test administered in drug testing facilities in Key West due to their less intrusive yet informative nature. The test is fast and the results cover the major substances looked for by authority organizations, such as employers or law enforcement. If you have been required by an employer to take a drug screen, it is a safe bet that the drug test facility administered a urine drug screen.
- Saliva Drug Screen: A saliva test is like a urine test in that it is less intrusive than a blood test and can be quickly administered. However, this drug screen can only provide your Key West drug testing center with information on recently ingested substances. These drug screens are perfect for use by law enforcement testing if a suspect is currently under the influence during a parole meeting or traffic stop. This can also be used by substance abuse treatment centers to see if a patient had a relapse during treatment in the past several hours.
- Hair Follicle Drug Screen: Hair follicle drug screens provide an in-depth history for the drug testing facilities in Key West on anything, and everything, you or your loved one has consumed over many months. This is due to how hair grows. Since hair follicles are connected directly to blood vessels, anything entering the bloodstream is pushed into the hair and left like a fingerprint.
- Perspiration Drug Screen: More than you think comes out of your body when sweating occurs. Many substances can be excreted through perspiration. This type of drug screen is unique that it is conducted over time. A patch is worn for a period of approximately two weeks to monitor what emerges from the sweat glands. This is a newer method being utilized by drug testing facilities.
Once you have identified the types of drug screens that you want your Key West drug testing centers to have, you want to think about other factors as well when making your final decision. As with any medical procedure, you want to make sure that you choose drug testing facilities in Key West that are confidential. Your information and medical history need to remain between you and medical professionals. The right drug testing facility for you will also be accurate with the results. The drug test center should be staffed with properly certified and trained employees to ensure that samples are not mishandled. If you have found options for drug testing facilities in Key West that meet these criteria, try to select a drug test center that is known for efficiency and speed. Many of these drug screens can be completed rapidly, and you want to find an esteemed drug testing facility that can get you in and out without sacrificing quality.
If you would like to speak with someone to further guide you on your journey to finding the right Key West drug testing centers for you, reach out to The Recovery Village. As drug test facilities are a major partner with rehabilitation centers, this is a great place to start asking specific questions regarding your unique situation.