Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Inverness, Florida
The battle against substance abuse and addiction is not a sprint; it is a marathon. A marathon runner would arm themselves with the best training prior to the marathon and the best fuel and support during the marathon. As a recovering addict, you or your loved one should do the same.
The training prior to the marathon for the runner is equivalent to substance abuse treatment centers in Inverness for the addict. These centers provide the skills to help live a sober life. After treatment, an option for ongoing support and accountability to the addict can be Inverness drug testing centers.
Whether you need the services of an Inverness drug testing facility for personal or professional reasons, you have several options from which to choose.
Inverness Drug Testing Centers
Drug testing facilities in Inverness allow you access to a wide variety of drug testing protocols. The type of test your drug test center will administer will depend on the reason for the test as well as the types of substances for which you are testing. Drug tests, or panel tests, are categorized by how many substances are screened:
- 5-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, and opiates
- 6-panel drug tests screen for all the above, with the addition of benzodiazepines
- 7-panel drug tests screen for all the above, with the addition of barbiturates
- 8-panel drug tests screen for all the above, with the addition of methamphetamines
- 9-panel drug tests screen for all the above, with the addition of methadone
- 10-panel drug tests screen for all the above, with the addition of methaqualone
- 12-panel drug tests screen for all the above, with the addition of extended opiate abuse (abusing prescription painkillers), propoxyphene, and ecstasy
Some situations which call for one of the above-referenced drug tests could include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-Employment Screening is a common cause of utilizing drug testing centers. Many employers require a drug test prior to beginning employment and random drug tests can be administered during employment.
- Legal proceedings may call for random drug testing. Some of these proceedings may include child custody cases, probation/parole, and even court-ordered substance abuse treatment.
- Annual physicals may include panel tests as part of yearly blood work, especially if there is suspicion of current drug abuse or prior history of substance abuse.
Based on the circumstance of the drug test, as well as the need to determine which substances will be tested for, your Inverness drug testing center will obtain a sample through one of the following methods:
- Urine: A common test administered through drug testing centers, urine samples allow for a minimally-invasive test that covers a broad panel of substances.
- Saliva: Saliva tests allow for quick and minimally-invasive testing. This test is best suited for testing someone under the suspicion of current or recent drug use.
- Blood: A blood test will provide your Inverness drug testing center with the most comprehensive information on substances present in the body.
- Hair: Hair tests allow for the deepest look into substance abuse history and can look back the furthest in time of all the tests. This is due to the nature of hair growth. Hair follicles are connected to blood vessels in the scalp. Substances flowing into the hair during growth leave “footprints” of what was in the blood over time.
- Perspiration: A newer test for drug test centers, this involves a patch being worn for approximately two weeks to measure substances excreted in sweat.
Armed with the knowledge of what goes on in Inverness drug testing centers, your next question is most likely “how to find drug testing centers near me?”. Luckily, there are plenty of drug test centers available to you in Inverness.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
You have taken the first step in choosing the right drug test facility for you by determining what type of test you require based on the situation for testing. The next step is to find drug testing facilities that not only offer your desired test but possess certain characteristics.
The ideal drug testing facilities in Inverness for you will be experienced and accredited. This means that the drug testing facility employs properly licensed professionals and has garnered experience administering all types of drug tests. Your ideal drug test facility will also be fast and confidential to protect your personal health information while providing you excellent and expedient service. Of course, you also want your drug test facility of choice to be accurate in the results produced. A drug test that is not properly handled can result in more harm than help for you and your loved ones.
Even armed with all of this information and anything else acquired through an internet search of “drug testing facilities near me”, it can still be a daunting task to choose the right drug test facility. If you still feel like you need assistance finding the right drug testing facilities in Inverness to suit your needs, contact The Recovery Village. The call is confidential, allowing you the perfect forum to gather more personalized information and learn more about other addiction services available to you.