Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Homestead, Florida
With an estimated 54 million Americans suffering from mental illnesses each year, mental health disorders are increasingly common. Fortunately, awareness and accessible help is becoming more common, too. Many people in Homestead, Florida have some sort of mental illness including depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. A mental health counselor can help.
Anyone with a mental health disorder can benefit from counseling sessions, but they can be especially helpful for those who are struggling with a mental illness combined with a substance use disorder like alcoholism. Often, substance abuse in Homestead is intertwined with mental disorders, and facilities in the area can provide a variety of care options.
Mental Health Facilities in Homestead, Florida
With many different care options for those suffering from a mental health disorder, it is important to find the right one for your specific situation. Some of the factors you may want to consider are the person’s mental health history, the presence of substance abuse, and goals for counseling. Some of the different types of options are:
- Inpatient mental health facilities – These are facilities where short-term, on-site care is offered, and the patient can receive around-the-clock care. Usually, this type of care is for an acute mental illness where the person needs stabilization. They may be a danger to themselves or others. Some disorders which may require inpatient care are bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), major depression, and schizophrenia. Our specialists at The Recovery Village can talk you through this option.
- Residential mental health facilities – This type of care is similar to inpatient care as the patient will live on-site and have constant supervision. Again, severe and complex mental illnesses like schizophrenia, clinical depression, and severe bipolar disorder may require this setting. Professionals can manage medication here, and the patient can attend structured counseling and group therapy. You can use the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) treatment locator for help finding residential care.
- Long-term mental health facilities – This type of care offers more extensive care that will span a longer period of time. Treatment may last for over a year, and this is an environment where patients can engage in various treatment approaches designed to build self-sufficiency and independence.
Mental illness can be debilitating, but mental health counseling programs in Homestead can help you find some relief and healing. You can use the SAMHSA treatment locator as a good resource for finding different levels of care. You can also call The Recovery Village and speak with a caring associate who can share information on dual diagnosis programs with you.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
Sometimes a serious mental illness requires immediate stabilization. Seeking a mental health hospital may be necessary when there is a danger of harming oneself or someone else. Suicide is a frightening and devastating result often related to mental illness. When the patient is hospitalized, professionals can keep a close watch. Often enrolling in care at Homestead mental health hospitals is by choice; other times it is at the insistence of a relative or therapist.
Mental health hospitals can offer a safe place for crisis aversion and medication management for those with severe mental illness. Homestead mental health hospitals can offer care that meets immediate needs, taking patients out of life-threatening situations.
To find a reliable mental health hospital in Homestead:
- Talk with your doctor: Your doctor knows the history here and can help recommend a mental health hospital that will be a good fit.
- Contact your insurance provider: Not only can your provider recommend a hospital, but this way you will know whether it will be covered by your plan.
- Consult with a mental health counselor: Whether you are currently working with a mental health counselor or not, one can recommend a hospital where your needs can be met. The counselor can also probably continue to work with you through the hospital.
- Call The Recovery Village: The Recovery Village has caring professionals who can help you with finding a mental health hospital.
- SAMHSA’s mental health facilities locator
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-NAMI
- Crisis Text Line at 741741
Mental Health Programs Homestead
With an extensive array of types of care, you can find something to help you or a loved one in Homestead with mental health care. Good mental health is the goal, and a counselor can help you or your loved one with strategies, coping skills, and medication management. The specific treatment will depend on things like the mental health history, if there is substance abuse, and what the specific goals for treatment are.
The Recovery Village can work with you to explain different options to help with mental health, especially if substance abuse is involved.
Mental Health Counselor Homestead, FL
Managing the effects of mental illness can be lifesaving. Many options for help exist in Homestead, from counseling to hospitalization. Finding a good counselor can be key in learning how to cope with mental illness.
Please reach out to The Recovery Village for help, especially if you or any of your loved ones are struggling with addiction in conjunction with mental illness. We can help find the right program to help you lead a life of happiness and fulfillment.