Finding an Interventionist in Eustis, Florida
Interventions have received a lot of attention in the recent years, mostly due to dramatic portrayals on reality TV. These interventions depict surprise meetings between somebody struggling with substance abuse and their family and show emotional confrontations. It can often seem like the family is trying to force their loved one into treatment for their addiction, and these meetings often end in crying, shouting, or the addicted loved one leaving the room.
This is not what a healthy intervention in Eustis, Florida looks like. Interventions are thoughtful, meaningful conversations where the goal is to encourage a loved one to seek treatment for addiction in Eustis, never to force them. The other component of an intervention is to help the family heal from any damaging effects that their loved one’s substance abuse has inflicted on them, and to assist them in better understanding how addiction works.
It is recommended that you contact a qualified interventionist if you are planning an intervention for a loved one. They can help you and your family prepare for the intervention, conduct the meeting, and provide post-intervention support. If you have tried to talk to your loved one about their addiction before, either in person or in a family meeting, and have not been able to make progress in helping them seek treatment, then a qualified intervention counselor can help. There are a number of options available in Eustis, Florida. Ask some of these questions during your search to find the right match for you and your family:
- Do you have experience with this type of addiction?
- Which intervention method do you use?
- What are the steps to take afterward if my loved one wants to enter treatment?
- What happens if my loved one refuses to seek treatment?
- Do you offer post-intervention counseling?
Keep in mind that it is crucial that you, your family, and your loved one suffering from addiction will need to feel comfortable with this intervention counselor in order for the intervention to be successful. Experience and credentials are important, but personality and style also play a major role during the intervention process.
Drug Intervention Counselor in Eustis, FL
Effective drug intervention counselors are able to help educate families about the reality of addiction and relate it to the actions of their loved ones. They also help family members examine their own behaviors, and see how they may have even been enabling their loved ones’ addiction. It is often not a pleasant process and requires honest self-reflection and a willingness to change. However, by addressing their own behavior, family members can significantly help an addicted loved one realize how their actions are affecting the people around them.
Drug intervention counselors in Eustis often have specialized training in dealing with specific substance addictions, such as cocaine or opioids. This is important, as different substances produce different behaviors in people. This can help in both preparing the family for an intervention but also during the meeting itself, as the interventionist may be familiar with some of the behaviors or tactics an addicted person may use to avoid the situation.
Eustis, FL Drug and Addiction Intervention Counselors
Licensed drug and addiction intervention counselors may use different methods or techniques when planning and executing an intervention, but the general process often follows these steps:
- Consultation: This is the first one or two meetings between a drug and addiction interventionist and the family of an addicted loved one. These meetings are for information-gathering on both sides – the therapist to observe family dynamics and learn about the addicted loved one, and the family to decide if they feel comfortable with this therapist and their methods.
- Education: Before the intervention takes place, a drug and addiction intervention counselor will educate the family on the nature of addiction and how it affects the behavior of their loved one. This is critical to the intervention process and can help ensure the long-term success of the intervention.
- Implementation: Now is when the family puts all they have learned into practice as they begin the process of an intervention. Rarely is the addicted loved one surprised by the meeting; instead, they are invited to attend and given a choice. It is up to them to seek treatment with their family’s love and support.
Alcohol Intervention Near Me
Addiction to alcohol is one of the most common substance addictions in America, and so it makes sense that this is also one of the most commonly implemented interventions. Alcohol intervention counselors in Eustis are experienced in dealing with alcohol use disorder and will help you and your family help an addicted loved one in a safe, calm, and loving way.
Rather than focusing on how much a person drinks, or why they drink so much, an alcohol interventionist will emphasize how the behavior and actions of an addicted loved one are affecting the family as a whole. Confronting the negative effects of their behavior may help convince an addicted loved one that they need to seek treatment for their addiction.
If you are looking for an alcohol intervention counselor in Eustis, try one of these methods:
Talk to your doctor – A doctor is familiar with your personal and family history and may have valuable insight into which intervention counselor in Eustis will suit your needs.
Ask a friend – If you know somebody who has worked with an interventionist in Eustis, ask them about their experience. Personal recommendations often have different insights than what may come from a doctor or anonymous review.
Call The Recovery Village – Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and staffed by experienced intake coordinators. These experts have extensive knowledge of local resources and can connect you with the qualified care for which you are looking. Every phone call is completely confidential and completely free. Get in touch today.