Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Dade City, Florida
The drug epidemic running rampant throughout the United States is not leaving Florida out of its reach, and that means Dade City is not exempt from experiencing this deadly trend. This crisis has created the need for drug testing facilities in the area for both personal and professional needs. If you are seeking drug testing, it is important to use a reliable facility no matter the needs.
If you are worried that a loved one may be using or abusing drugs, a drug test may be the first step to take. Expressing fear about getting a drug test can be a sign of drug use. Fortunately, there are many addiction treatment options throughout the Dade City area, including The Recovery Village. Please reach out to one of our caring intake coordinators today for more information on how we can help you through this trying time.
Dade City Drug Testing Centers
When deciding where to go for drug testing, you may see several drug testing facilities around Dade City. It is helpful in the decision-making process to know what a drug test entails and use that information along with the reason for the test to find the facility to fit your needs.
Usually, people need to take two main factors into consideration when getting a drug test. They are:
- the drug(s) for which you are being tested
- the specimen that will be collected for testing
One of the most commonly ordered tests, a 5-panel drug test screens for five main drugs – amphetamines, opiates, cocaine, marijuana, and phencyclidine (PCP). If you feel that testing needs to look for other drugs, you can request a more powerful test to look for drugs like barbiturates, ethanol (alcohol) and benzodiazepines.
Types of specimens that are taken vary as well. Some of the more common specimens collected are:
- Urine – This is the most common type of test and is inexpensive and noninvasive. It tests levels of metabolites (the structures produced by the metabolism after a substance is ingested) to evaluate drug or alcohol intake.
- Saliva – This is the second most common type of specimen collected at Dade City drug testing facilities. It also is noninvasive, but the window of time to detect drugs is small.
- Blood – Though this is very accurate, it is also more expensive and more invasive than other tests so blood tests are not used as often as other tests.
- Hair – Hair filters metabolites which then stay present in the hair indefinitely. Hair is a type of permanent record of drug use.
- Perspiration – A newer form of drug testing, a perspiration test is when the person wears a patch for two weeks. Metabolites are excreted through perspiration and absorbed by the patch, which is then tested by an expert for the presence of metabolites to indicate substance use.
Some key characteristics to look for in drug testing centers Dade City are accuracy, privacy, fast results, and an experienced staff. Many people use the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) comprehensive list of centers to find one in the area that is certified by the Department of Health and Human Services.
While some people seek testing as a condition of employment, others may be taking a child they suspect of drug use for a test. This shows there is a wide variety of reasons why people get drug tested; some of these are:
- Pre-Employment – Passing a drug test is often a standard condition before an employer will extend an offer.
- Annual Physical – Many insurance companies or employers require drug testing annually to make sure there are no signs of drug use.
- For Cause and Suspicion – If an employee or parent suspects drug use, they may require testing. This is often the first step for parents who think their child may be using drugs.
- Post-Accident – If an employee is filing worker’s comp for a workplace accident, a drug test may be required to verify no drugs were used at the time of the accident.
- Post Treatment – Sometimes an employer, drug therapist, or law enforcement professional may require testing after treatment to make sure that drug or alcohol use has stopped.
- Probation – Usually this is a standard condition of probation. Failure to pass a test may result in incarceration.
- Sports – Some club, collegiate, amateur, or professional teams may test for drugs and alcohol to ensure fair and safe play.
- School – Some middle and high schools randomly require students to take and pass drug tests to maintain a drug-free environment.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Now that you have decided (or you are required) to seek a drug test, you will begin the search for Dade City drug testing centers. You can use specific criteria to find one to meet your personal needs. You can also:
- Ask your doctor for a recommendation. He or she knows you and your situation and can work with you on this.
- Inquire with your insurance provider. This way you will know how much of this will be covered by insurance.
- Look online. You can read reviews and customer feedback to find a reliable testing center near you.
You can also always reach out to The Recovery Village. We can help you not only with the testing but also treatment if you find that this is needed. The Recovery Village has a variety of options that can meet your specific needs. This can be a difficult time, but you do not have to do it alone in Dade City.