Substance Abuse Counseling in Crystal River, Florida
Do you know what one of the deadliest and most brutal epidemics in the United States is? The answer is substance abuse. This disease not only causes harm to addicts but also to those closest to them. Friends and family are not immune from the ravages of addiction, enhancing its destructive nature. If you or any of your loved ones are battling the disease of addiction in Crystal River, Florida, do not lose hope. There is a way to help fight against the hold of addiction in the form of substance abuse counseling. Through a structured substance abuse treatment program in Crystal River, you or your loved one can learn to break free of the vicious grasp of addiction and learn to live a productive life while being clean and sober.
Crystal River, Florida Addiction Counseling
Through professional addiction counseling, you will work with an addiction counselor in Crystal River who is specialized in dealing with the effects of drugs and alcohol. The goal of addiction counseling is to help instill new coping mechanisms and life skills to fight off the temptation to use or drink and learn how to handle life sober. Therapeutic methods will be utilized to facilitate these amazing changes, such as:
- Therapy sessions, both individual and group are a keystone of substance abuse counseling. Individual therapy provides one-on-one time with your substance abuse counselor in Crystal River to dive deeper into preexisting issues and past traumas that have fed into the addiction and gain new abilities to move on with a clean and sober life. Group therapy allows for the opportunity to learn from other peers who have experienced addiction as well and gain confidence in expressing your past to move on with your future.
- Identifying and setting goals helps to maintain accountability and stay focused on what matters most: making a positive change to have long-term sobriety. Short-term goals are particularly crucial at the beginning of drug and alcohol counseling, as withdrawal will bring many challenges. Long-term goals are useful throughout the remainder of drug counseling to maintain motivation to keep doing the work and improving each and every day.
- Teaching new skill sets are critical for making substantial change. You will need to relearn how to cope with struggles in life without turning to a substance for help, which takes time and commitment.
Local Licensed Drug Counselor
A licensed drug counselor, or drug abuse counselor, is trained in everything relating to drug addiction. A certified alcohol and drug counselor has the ability to treat the addiction and identify any additional underlying mental health disorder that could be a co-occurring disorder. Additionally, a licensed alcohol and drug counselor can help family and friends of the addict learn more about the disease and how to help enforce a safe environment once drug counseling is completed. You can find local, licensed drug counselors by referring to Psychology Today’s online database of counselors nationwide.
Local Certified Alcohol Counselor
Alcoholism is just as deadly and dangerous as a drug addiction and requires the same level of professional care. An addiction counselor in Crystal River is capable of helping you or your loved one fight against an alcohol dependency and learn how to overcome the urge to relapse. Since alcohol can be found in many places throughout society, the role of an alcohol counselor is particularly important to help you reach and maintain sobriety.
Drug Addiction Counselor in Crystal River, FL
Finding the right substance abuse counselor in Crystal River can save your life when addiction is leading you down the wrong path. With such an important decision, you need to take some critical criteria into consideration when finding your drug and alcohol counselor. Here are a few attributes for which to search:
- Credentials: You want to make sure your alcohol and drug counselor is a licensed and certified alcohol and drug counselor. You are entrusting your wellbeing to this individual and will be sharing some of your most vulnerable moments with him or her throughout the therapy process. Do not entrust these sacred elements with anyone who has not been through the proper credentialing procedure.
- Caring and Compassionate: Being able to connect with your addiction counselor in Crystal River will only enhance the benefits of substance abuse counseling. You will not only trust this individual more on a deeper level but trust the process more in its entirety, which will help you maintain recovery.
- Specific Training: Beyond the base qualifications, your substance abuse counselor in Crystal River should be specialized in treating the specific type of addiction with which you are struggling. Addiction is a disease and, like any medical disease, you should seek the professional guidance of an expert on everything relating to the specific affliction.
Substance Abuse Counseling Near Me
As with your alcohol and drug counselor, your substance abuse programs should be chosen with careful consideration. It can be overwhelming to sort through the options to find the best level of care for your unique situation. The best way to begin this journey is to seek trustworthy recommendations from valid sources such as:
- Your family doctor or primary care physician is a member of the health and mental health community and has the ability to provide recommendations while taking into consideration your personal health information.
- Your insurance provider has access to all substance abuse programs and substance abuse counselors in Crystal River that are both in and out of your plan’s network to help you narrow down options.
- Local mental health professionals are part of this community of care and are always willing to help those in need of proper care. If you are unsure of how to make contact with these experts, you can confidentially speak over the phone with professionals at The Recovery Village 24/7.
Do not put your life on the line for another day at the mercy of addiction. Reach out to learn more about life-saving resources available to you in your hometown.