Substance Abuse Counseling in Casselberry, Florida
An important part of treatment for those suffering from substance abuse and addiction is substance abuse counseling. There are several options for this type of counseling. Some visit therapists trained in substance abuse counseling, while others attend more intensive programs at rehab centers near Casselberry such as The Recovery Village. You can visit a licensed alcohol and drug counselor for advice on ways to begin your journey to recovery.
In many cases, working with a substance abuse counselor in Casselberry provides insight into the unhealthy behavior patterns and underlying emotional or psychological issues associated with substance abuse.
Casselberry, Florida Addiction Counseling
During addiction counseling sessions, you will meet with an addiction counselor in Casselberry to discuss the issues associated with your substance abuse problem. The treatment protocol will reflect the stage of recovery you are in, as well as other aspects of your own journey. It may include:
- Discovering healthier coping mechanisms
- Attending support groups or embarking on a 12-step program
- Engaging in individual and/or group therapy sessions
- Identifying treatment goals
- Developing plans to reach those goals
- Choosing sober living and aftercare plans
- Finding ways to reintegrate into society
When you look for a certified alcohol and drug counselor, you want to ensure that they are trained in a few key aspects:
- Chemical therapy
- Human behavior
- A range of therapeutic modalities
The most important thing to do is find an alcohol and drug counselor with whom you feel comfortable and with whom you can meet on a regular basis.
Local Licensed Drug Counselor
If you struggle with drug addiction to any legal and illegal substances, such as opioids, heroin, cocaine, prescription meds, or marijuana, then you want to find a local drug counselor for support in your recovery. They will help you to find the right treatment method for you, which may include 12-step programs, individual psychotherapy, or a stay at treatment facilities.
Your drug addiction counselor may also simply listen to you during your times of crisis, providing an empathetic ear and some advice. Your counselor may help you identify some of the underlying triggers or psychological issues that contribute to your addiction during your drug and alcohol counseling sessions.
Local Certified Alcohol Counselor
Alcohol addiction can be difficult to overcome, and working with a certified alcohol counselor can help you to find the right help for your situation. They are available to support you in all stages of your recovery from the initial detox to long-term sobriety. Most importantly, a substance abuse counselor in Casselberry supports you as you initially seek treatment.
To ensure you work with a certified and reliable counselor, look for one certified by the National Association for Addiction Professionals. They have strict criteria for counselors that includes having a state license in their field.
Drug Addiction Counselor Casselberry, FL
It can be very difficult to find the right addiction counselor in Casselberry for your situation. You need to consider what stage of recovery you are in as well as what type of help you need. No matter what drug addiction counselor you choose, you will find someone who will support you during your struggles with drug addiction and help you to find some of the underlying issues that may be contributing to it.
If you cannot find someone to help you through your struggles with substance abuse, then contact The Recovery Village. We can help you to find a drug and alcohol counselor as well as discuss treatment options for you.
Substance Abuse Counseling Programs Near Me
When you decide to take the initial step toward help for you or your loved one struggling with substance abuse, then you may feel overwhelmed with the idea of searching for substance abuse programs. The following are some good steps to take to find the right drug counseling assistance for you:
- Online: You can always start your search with an online search engine to find substance abuse counselors located near you. You should also see some feedback regarding the counselors to help you narrow down your focus.
- Insurance: Many insurance companies have a list of in-network drug abuse counselors for which you may be able to pay by using your insurance plan, depending on your coverage.
- Doctor: Ask your physician or another healthcare practitioner if they have recommendations for substance abuse treatment programs or counselors. They usually have a list of professionals to whom they regularly refer patients.
- Friends: There are many people who have benefited from the services of a counselor, so you may know someone who has previously worked with a substance abuse counselor in Casselberry who can provide recommendations.
- The Recovery Village: Contact one of our 24-hour hotlines for advice and support: for drug addiction call 1-800-821-4357, and for alcohol addiction call 1-800-252-6465.
The representatives at The Recovery Village® are here to help you during this stressful time. Calling us is a free and confidential option where you can talk with someone and get advice with no commitment. You can learn more about the process of recovery, including detoxification and intensive treatment at rehab centers.