Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Apopka, Florida
The Florida drug epidemic is evident across the city of Apopka and the drug testing facilities in the area are needed now more than ever to combat this crisis. These facilities are often sought after by employers and individuals, but it is not always easy to locate reliable drug testing facilities in Apopka. We have put together the following guide to people get support for themselves or their loved ones.
There are representatives in Apopka available to help you find a drug testing center on which you can rely. If you or someone you care about is afraid to undergo a drug test, it could mean be because of a substance use disorder. If that is the case, The Recovery Village offers a variety of addiction treatment options in Apopka and surrounding areas. If you or your loved one is in need of these services, give us a call today to learn more.
Apopka Drug Testing Centers
It is important to know the exact type of test you need as there many drug testing facilities in Apopka from which to choose. The tests carried out at the Apopka drug testing centers are based on the substance being screened and the specimen used. Drug testing facilities in Apopka tend to conduct a 5-panel drug test that looks for five categories of drugs. These categories include phencyclidine (PCP), amphetamines, opiates, cocaine, and marijuana. If needed, more powerful tests can also be conducted to look for barbiturates, benzodiazepines, and alcohol. The type and amount of specimen collected, as well as the strength of the test, will vary based on the goals of each drug test.
The following are the most commonly collected specimens for drug testing:
- Urine: Urine is the most common specimen tested at drug testing centers. This is because the metabolism creates metabolites and structures that are excreted in urine and as a result can show a person’s drug and alcohol use.
- Saliva: This testing has a quick and noninvasive nature and is the second most tested specimen at drug testing centers. The drawback to this testing is that it only shows accurate results for a brief window of time.
- Blood: In comparison, blood testing is invasive and is more expensive than the aforementioned. It is therefore not used as much, but it is the most accurate.
- Hair: This type of testing is unique as it is can be a permanent record of the drugs consumes by an individual. This happens when the body creates metabolites that then enter blood vessels in the scalp before filtering out through hair follicles.
- Perspiration: With sweat testing, a person is fixed with a skin patch for a two-week period. Over this time, the patch uses perspiration to detect any drugs ingested by the individual. The patch is then examined at drug testing facilities in Apopka.
When researching Apopka drug testing centers, focus on those that are:
- Accurate. It is highly important that you are receiving clear and correct results. You can assess a drug testing facility’s accuracy by confirming it is certified by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). You can reference the list of HHS certified laboratories provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA).
- Private. The confidentiality of a person’s drugs test is of the utmost importance. These results can have huge implications on a person’s personal life and career.
- Fast. Time is crucial when it comes to most drug tests. Therefore, be sure to confirm the drug testing facility you are using can provide you with a quick turnaround of results.
- Experienced. Look for drug testing centers that have a proven track record and that you know will provide you with a professional and seamless service.
People use the Apopka drug testing facilities for different reasons. They are most commonly used for:
- Pre-Employment: Oftentimes companies will request potential employees to undergo a drug test before being hired.
- Annual Physical: Companies are also known to request drug testing from their employers as part of their annual physicals.
- For-Cause and Reasonable Suspicion: If an employer suspects drug use may be affecting an employee’s performance, they can ask the employee to undergo a drug test.
- Post-Accident: If there is an accident in the workplace, it is not uncommon for an employer to request a drug test to see if alcohol or drugs were the cause of it.
- Post-Treatment: When a person finishes rehab, he or she can be required by employers, the law, or treatment providers to take a drug test to confirm continued sobriety.
- Probation: When a person is placed on probation, he or she must undergo regular drug testing. If a person fails a drug test while on probation, he or she can be incarcerated.
- Sports: To ensure sporting events are safe and conducted fairly, amateur, professional, and collegiate athletes often undergo alcohol and drug screening.
- School: To make sure schools are drug-free, middle and high school students are from time to time subjected to random drug testing.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Are you currently online looking for “drug testing facilities near me”? If so, it is important to know that there are plenty of Apopka drug testing centers in the area from which to choose. You can find a reliable drug test center in Apopka through effective evaluation and local reliable resources. When researching “drug testing facilities near me”, the following list might help:
- Talk to your doctor: Your primary care physician will know why you need a drug test and will also be familiar with your medical history. Therefore, the doctor might be able to refer you to a suitable drug testing facility in Apopka.
- Contact your insurance provider: Your insurance company can recommend drug testing facilities in Apopka that will accept your insurance coverage.
- Do a Google search: Google can bring up information on the drug testing facilities in the Apopka area.
- Call The Recovery Village: Give us a call here at The Recovery Village and we will be happy to provide information on the Apopka drug testing centers and any other addiction services you need.
You can use the Apopka hotline to speak to a representative about drug testing facilities in the area. If you find it difficult talking about your issue, there are additional online channels of which you can take advantage. We are glad that you have turned to The Recovery Village to get help for you or your loved one. You can contact us at any time and one of the specialists here will get you or your loved one all the support needed.