Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Kent, Washington
Mental illness affects millions of American every year, and residents of Kent, Washington are not exempt from such issues. Bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, and personality disorders are all issues that some Kent residents have to face every day.
Mental health counseling can help you manage your mental illness and live a happier, more fulfilling life. If you are also in need of substance abuse treatment in Kent, mental health counselors can be an invaluable aid in your recovery process.
If you need help immediately, whether for yourself or someone you love, call the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255 or text the Crisis Text Line at 741741. They are confidential, free, and have a wide set of tools available to help people struggling with a mental health crisis.
Mental Health Facilities in Kent, Washington
Which Kent mental health facility you choose should be dependent on a few factors such as your mental health history, any co-occurring substance abuse, and your treatment goals. If you look online for “mental health facilities near me” in Kent, you will likely find the following types of treatment centers:
- Inpatient mental health facilities: These facilities are designed for those in need of short-term, intensive care. Patients in these facilities can expect to be constantly monitored to prevent them from harming themselves or others. Conditions treated in these facilities include major depression, bipolar disorder, PTSD, or schizoaffective disorders.
- Residential mental health facilities: Like inpatient facilities, residential care facilities provide short-term care that includes constant monitoring. More complex and severe mental illness can be effectively managed in residential care, including clinical depression, severe bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. Via medication management and individual and group therapy, patients can achieve mental stability.
- Long-term mental health facilities: These facilities are designed for patients who need more help than can be provided in short-term care. Dealing with complex, severe, and debilitating mental illness for a year or more via a variety of therapeutic methods is common in long-term facilities.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
Mental health hospitals in Kent are somewhat like emergency departments for physical ailments. Focused on immediate stabilization of patients who are in life-threatening situations caused by their mental illness, mental health hospitals use medication management and constant supervision to avert a crisis.
If you feel you are a threat to yourself or others, do not hesitate to seek help right away. Get to a mental health hospital immediately. You can check yourself in voluntarily, or you may be checked in at the insistence of a mental health professional or concerned family member. Regardless of how you are checked in, be assured that getting help in a mental health hospital is the right decision to make to save your life and help you work through an intense episode of mental illness.
After your condition has been stabilized, you will be encouraged to pursue mental health programs in Kent to help you continue with your recovery and get support to manage your mental illness day to day.
Mental Health Programs Kent
Mental health programs are designed to help those suffering from mental illness to build coping strategies to more effectively manage their mental illness. Programs can range from outpatient services to hospitalization, depending on your needs.
You can find mental health programs in the Kent area by:
- Talking to your doctor.
- Talking to your insurance provider.
- Talking with others who have benefited from a mental health program in the area.
- Calling the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255.
- Texting the Crisis Text Line at 741741.
- Calling the National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-NAMI.
- Calling The Recovery Village.
Mental Health Counselor Kent, WA
Finally, mental health counselors are found nearly everywhere you find people in need of mental health care. They work closely with patients on any number of programs, in any number of facilities, from large mental health facilities to small private practices. The approach of a counselor to any particular issue can travel any number of directions, depending on the needs of the client, which approaches the counselor has been trained in, and what the overall goals of the client are. Counselors can be found via online listings, referrals from doctors or insurers, or even from another counselor or family friend.
Your mental health is one of your most important assets. When you are experiencing mental health issues, do not hesitate to reach out for help. Via counselors, mental health facilities, and mental health programs throughout Kent, you can find relief from the effects of mental illness and can live a happier, more productive life. Reach out today to The Recovery Village to discuss treatment options in the Kent area.