Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in North Port, Florida
The battle against drug addiction is a constant struggle, requiring many resources to ensure the best chance for long-term sobriety. In addition to utilizing substance abuse treatment centers in North Port, support groups, outpatient mental health facilities, and continued counseling, North Port drug testing centers provide a way to keep accountability throughout sobriety.
North Port Drug Testing Centers
Drug testing facilities in North Port provide multiple controlled testing protocols to test for a varying spectrum of substances in a person’s system. There are 5 main types of drug tests that could be administered:
- Urine: Most commonly used for pre-employment screenings or annual physicals, urine drug tests can provide a comprehensive panel of results without being invasive in nature.
- Saliva: Another nonintrusive method for testing, saliva tests are a quick way to determine substances that have been ingested in recent hours. This method is best suited for testing if someone is under the influence at the time of test administration.
- Blood: A blood test provides the most detailed information to the drug test facility on a vast variety of substances, but it is more invasive than a urine or saliva drug test and more costly.
- Perspiration: A newer form of drug testing that continues past the walls of the drug testing center is sweat testing. A patch is worn for approximately two weeks to measure substances excreted through sweat glands.
- Hair: Hair follicle testing can go back many weeks and months to provide a true history of drug use. Since hair follicles are connected directly to blood vessels, any substances that are consumed go into hair like a fingerprint. A clean hair follicle test shows long-term sobriety.
North Port drug testing centers can be used for a variety of purposes and the subsequent testing option can be chosen based on purpose.
- Legal Enforcement: Drug testing facilities can be used for a range of purposes in the legal realm. Random drug tests can be administered to those on probation or parole to ensure the conditions of release are being maintained. This is applicable to child custody cases and even divorce. Saliva drug tests and urine tests are well-suited in these cases.
- Pre-Employment Drug Screens: Many employers require employees and/or applicants to pass a drug test either before or during their tenure at the company. Most commonly, a urine drug test will be administered at the drug test center for this purpose.
- Outpatient and Post-Treatment Program: Drug testing centers are used often throughout the transition from inpatient treatment to sober living for recovering addicts to keep a structured system of accountability in place to prevent relapse.
No matter what method of testing is chosen, North Port drug testing centers provide a scientific procedure to conclusively determine substance abuse.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
When searching for the right drug testing facility in North Port for you, there are some general conditions you should require of your drug testing facility.
- Confidential: As with any medical practice, you want the drug test facility you choose to protect your personal health information with the utmost confidentiality and care.
- Professional and Precise: Professionalism does not just refer to the demeanor of employees in this case. You want to make sure that your drug testing facility in North Port is staffed with people who have received the proper licensure and certifications. Improper handling of samples could lead to tainted results, which can have major implications.
- Efficient: You can find North Port drug testing centers that are professional and confidential while being quick. The process of drug testing can be taxing enough without spending your entire day in a waiting room.
If you have more specific needs from your drug test facility, such as a certain substance for which to test, you might want to find centers that offer the type of panel test required to locate that substance. Panel refers to the types of drugs and illicit substances tested for and vary from 5-panel to 12-panel.
- 5-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, and opiates
- 6-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, and benzodiazepines
- 7-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, and barbiturates
- 8-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and methamphetamines
- 9-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, and methadone
- 10-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, methadone, and methaqualone
- 12-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, methadone, methaqualone, propoxyphene, ecstasy, and an extended history of opiate abuse
You might not know where to begin your search for drug testing facilites in North Port, and that is perfectly normal and fine. A great resource to contact is a local and well-respected substance abuse treatment center in your area. Reaching out is absolutely confidential and can help answer questions specific to your situation, as well as provide multiple resources to combat drug addiction.