Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Davenport, Florida
When transitioning out of a substance abuse treatment program in Davenport, Florida into living a sober life, having ways to hold you or someone you love who is in recovery accountable is key to long-term success. It can be very difficult to avoid old triggers and easy to fall back into the grasp of addiction without a strong support system including ongoing therapy, both individual and group. Another wonderful tool to help keep accountability is the utilization of drug testing. Drug testing facilities in Davenport provide this service close to home to help you and your loved ones stay strong against the pull of addiction.
Davenport Drug Testing Centers
Davenport drug testing centers provide several varying types of drug tests which are administered based on the circumstance for the test itself. Each drug test can identify different substances in a person’s system for differing lengths of time. There are 5 common types of drug tests that can be administered in Davenport drug testing centers:
- Urine: Urine sampling is a very common type of drug test, particularly for pre-employment drug screens during application. This test is popular due to the non-invasive nature of sample collection and the ability to screen for many types of substances.
- Saliva: Like urine, saliva drug tests are minimally invasive and can be completed rapidly. These screens are best suited when testing someone believed to have recently consumed an illicit drug as it can only test what has been ingested hours before the time of the test.
- Blood: A blood test provides the most information on substances existing in the system of the person being tested. However, this test is more invasive than urine and saliva, which can prove challenging if the person being tested has an aversion to needles or to being tested all together.
- Perspiration: This newer addition to the drug test center arsenal requires the person being tested to wear a patch for approximately 14 days to monitor what substances are excreted in sweat.
- Hair: Hair contains a virtual fingerprint of all substances consumed over extended periods of time.
Each test is executed depending on the situation surrounding the test, which can include:
- Legal Purposes: Many conditions of probation and parole include submitting to random or scheduled drug testing to ensure a sober life is being maintained past incarceration. Other legal purposes can include divorce rulings and child custody battles.
- Pre-Employment Screening: Many businesses require applicants to take a drug screen before processing the application. After hiring, random drug screening might be enforced.
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment: Outpatient, or continuing treatment, for substance abuse may have random drug screens as part of the course of treatment to continue to enforce accountability outside the grounds of a substance abuse treatment facility.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
There are several drug testing facilities in Davenport from which to choose for your drug test center needs. When beginning your search, take your evaluation past simply scanning the first internet results from typing in “drug testing facilities near me” and consider the following attributes:
- Confidential: Your personal health information is just that: personal. As with any other type of medical record, you want your time at a drug test facility to remain private.
- Accurate: Accuracy of drug test results is always important but especially in circumstances with legal ramifications. Make sure that the Davenport drug test center you choose is known for being precise in their practice.
- Speedy: Drug testing facilities have the ability to be both efficient and exact.
After you find a selection of drug test centers that meet these criteria, you may feel it necessary to filter the results even further. You may also want to consider the types of testing offered at the drug testing facilities. Panel tests are classified by the number of substances for which they screen:
- 5-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, and opiates
- 6-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, and benzodiazepines
- 7-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, and barbiturates
- 8-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and methamphetamines
- 9-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, and methadone
- 10-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, methadone, and methaqualone
- 12-panel drug tests screen for marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, methadone, methaqualone, propoxyphene, ecstasy, and an extended history of opiate abuse
This can all seem like a lot of information to work through, especially if you are in the beginning phases of understanding how Davenport drug testing centers can help you or your loved ones hold accountability in the fight against addiction. You can confidentially speak with representatives at The Recovery Village to discuss your needs in detail.