Trazodone Addiction and Abuse
While developing an addiction to trazodone may not be common, it is still possible. Usually used to treat depression and sometimes as a sleep aid, trazodone has the capability to be misused due to the calming effects it provides. The Recovery Village has numerous facilities and programs located across the country that are designed to help individuals wean off of trazodone safely and comfortably.
Trazodone Addiction Hotline
24/7, Toll-Free, Confidential844-207-6576
What Is Trazodone?
Trazodone is a prescription medication used primarily as an antidepressant. It is classified as a serotonin antagonist and reuptake inhibitor. Trazodone works by blocking the serotonin receptors in the brain, preventing serotonin from being reabsorbed by neurons. This effectively increases the amount of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that regulates various neurological effects, particularly mood. Additionally, trazodone can work as a sleep aid for people struggling with sleep disorders. Although the drug is mostly used for depression, trazodone is sometimes used to treat anxiety and insomnia. Trazodone is sold under brand names like Oleptro and Desyrel.
- Overall health
- Dosage taken
- How long the drug was taken
- Consumption of other substances while taking trazodone
- Nausea or vomiting
- Digestive issues
- Dry mouth
- Sexual dysfunction
- Confusion or memory issues
- Muscle pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Chest pain
- Fainting, unconsciousness or coma
- Shortness of breath
- Increased or irregular heartbeat
- Bruising or bleeding
- Accelerated or irregular heartbeat
- Breathing difficulty
- Inpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Intensive Inpatient Treatment
- Partial Hospitalization
- The Recovery Village Palmer Lake: This Colorado center offers inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment options. This location includes recreational opportunities like basketball, tennis and volleyball.
- The Recovery Village Columbus: The Ohio facility has a swimming pool, shuffleboard and a rec room for patients to relax in. The Recovery Village Columbus offers outpatient, partial hospitalization and inpatient programs.
- The Recovery Village: Based in Umatilla, Florida, this location has art, music and massage therapy, and some patients may have the opportunity to work with trained therapy dogs. Outpatient, partial hospitalization, and inpatient treatment create a full continuum of care
- IAFF Center of Excellence: This one-of-a-kind facility assists firefighters and paramedics in managing addictions and mental health disorders. Outdoor activities to help patients prepare for their return to their careers at this location in Marylan. Inpatient, partial hospitalization and outpatient programs are all offered to patients at the IAFF Center of Excellence.
- The Recovery Village Ridgefield: This Washington facility features a miniature golf course, horseshoes and badminton for patients to partake in during treatment. This location focuses mainly on outpatient and aftercare programs.
Seeking addiction treatment can feel overwhelming. We know the struggle, which is why we're uniquely qualified to help.
Your call is confidential, and there's no pressure to commit to treatment until you're ready. As a voluntary facility, we're here to help you heal -- on your terms. Our sole focus is getting you back to the healthy, sober life you deserve, and we are ready and waiting to answer your questions or concerns 24/7.Speak with an Intake Coordination Specialist now.352.771.2700