Cultural Boot Camp:
Cultural Boot Camp: Professional Training on Military Culture for Mental Health Professionals
Objectives and Summary:
In this webinar, Timothy Wienecke teaches how to address mental health issues in the military culture. Wienecke discusses his experience to emphasize how important proper training is in treating active military members or veterans.
Wienecke’s webinar highlights relevant topics like:
- How people who serve in different branches of the military differ from civilians
- The impact of military life on families
- Cultural and medical struggles during the Vietnam era
- Mental health conditions that affect active military and veterans, including depression, anxiety, PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Medical conditions that may impact active military and veterans
- Barriers to care that military veterans may face
In this webinar, Wienecke mentions local resources for professionals, active military and veterans, as well as offers additional continuing education resources for further study.
The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.