Estimated watch time: 58 mins
Available credits: none
Speaker: Remedy Max, MA, BA, DRI-ABCP
About the Speaker:
Remedy Max is the owner and President of RemedyBlox – a company that delivers a host of public educational platforms as well as risk mitigation support services to both the corporate sector and to members of the general public across Canada, in the USA, and internationally looking to enhance their core risk mitigation capacity against various agents of chaos and associated harms, losses and liabilities.
- Define and identify the pros and cons of Forced vs Self-Imposed Abstinence on the Gambling Addiction Spectrum.
- Insights of how closures of physical gambling venues during COVID-19 Pandemic and post openings may have affected abstinence, relapse propensity (e.g., gambling intensity/frequency, economic/social belonging/standing, the inclination for criminal activity to feed the addiction), mental/physical wellbeing, social connectivity, addiction vice transference propensity and/or addiction comorbidity on Problem Gamblers.
- Examining spikes in online gambling during and post COVID-19 Pandemic and the long term impacts on Problem Gamblers.
- Bracing for the next phase of the COVID-19 Pandemic and assisting problem gamblers to deal with added stressors and relapse.
- Lessons learns from the COVID-19 Pandemic lock-downs and re-openings and next steps.