Substance Abuse Counseling in Longmont, Colorado
Substance abuse counseling can be an important part of the recovery process for those struggling from substance use disorder in Longmont, Colorado, often making the difference between success and failure. Counseling can help individuals understand the psychological issues, emotional factors, and behavioral patterns that may have contributed to their substance abuse issues. The Longmont area has many choices for people who are ready to get help from a licensed drug counselor or certified alcohol counselor, all with the goal of leading healthier, happier lives.
Longmont, CO Addiction Counseling
A counselor’s role will involve listening to clients, helping them in times of crisis and offering guidance as they embark on the road to recovery. Counselors are licensed, certified professionals who are trained in:
- Human behavior
- Chemical therapy
- Therapeutic methods
Understanding the root causes of addiction, including any physical and psychological issues that may be a contributing factor, is always one of the main goals of the therapy process.
Substance abuse counseling may include:
- Attending group therapy sessions
- Developing treatment goals and plans
- Learning positive coping mechanisms
- Receiving recommendations for 12-step programs or support groups
- Setting up aftercare or sober living plans
- Establishing a career and finding employment
When looking for a substance abuse counselor in Longmont, you should find someone who will be there to help you through every stage of recovery. You should also feel comfortable with your counselor and be willing to take his or her advice. Trust is an essential part of the counseling relationship.
Local Licensed Drug Counselor
A local, certified drug counselor can be an invaluable resource in a person’s recovery from drug addiction, regardless of whether a person is battling an addiction to opiates, stimulants, narcotics, or prescription medication. By listening, helping the person identify contributing factors, and recommending support groups and 12-step programs, a drug counselor can help a person on the journey to long-term recovery. All of this underscores the need to find a local counselor who is familiar with local, available resources.
You can look at the online database of licensed counselors found on the Psychology Today website to find local, licensed counselors in Longmont. The database allows you to search by credentials, experience, and area of expertise, which helps ensure that you will find the right counselor for your particular needs.
Local Certified Alcohol Counselor
As with a drug counselor, a local, certified alcohol counselor helps people battling alcohol addiction. This includes providing help to individuals at every stage of addiction, from those struggling on a daily basis to those who have been on the road to recovery for some time.
It is important to receive the very best help possible at every stage of recovery. The National Association for Addiction Professionals provides a certification system to ensure clients receive the level of help and care they deserve, with administrators, counselors, and social workers who are required to be licensed by the state in order to become certified.
Drug Addiction Counselor Longmont, CO
Knowledge is one of the greatest tools a person has in the fight to overcome addiction. Counseling helps provide that knowledge, by helping the person identify and come to terms with the root causes of addiction, as well as to understand the impact it has had on their loved ones. Drug addiction counselors offer a safe, judgment-free environment for a person to discuss addiction and come to terms with how it has affected his or her life.
Finding the right counselor in Longmont can be quite the challenge, due to the many options and services provided. The Recovery Village can help you or a loved one find the right option for you. Call us for assistance in taking the first step toward a healthier, drug-free life.
Substance Abuse Counseling Programs Near Me
If you are seeking help, there are several places you can look.
- Insurance Coverage. Finding a therapist that accepts your insurance coverage can help alleviate much of the stress associated with seeking treatment.
- 24-hour Hotlines. The Recovery Village proves 24-hour hotlines for alcohol and drug misuse to seek information on local resources.
- Doctor’s Recommendations. Medical experts often refer patients to qualified drug and alcohol counseling services and may have the best insight into which local counselors can provide the best help for a specific patient.
- Online Referrals. An online search may help locate local therapists, as well as customer reviews of their services.
- Personal Recommendations. One of the best sources of information is from people you know who have already gone through the process of counseling.
You can also call The Recovery Village to speak to a representative about counseling options in Longmont. Make the call today and start on the path to a healthier, happier you.