Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Littleton, Colorado
The drug epidemic in America has not spared the city of Littleton, Colorado. To help combat this crisis, drug testing facilities are available throughout the area. Helpful resources are in place for local residents and business who need them.
There are representatives in Littleton to help residents can get information regarding drug testing centers in the area. A common warning sign of a substance use disorder is when a person is apprehensive about taking a drug test. If you or someone you know can relate to this, rest assured that there are plenty of available addiction treatment options in Littleton. Our intake coordinators can be reached at all times to provide you with information on the treatment centers in your area.
Littleton Drug Testing Centers
While there are a lot of drug testing centers available, it is important that you know which drug test center to choose. To make a good decision, you need to know for which drugs the subject needs to be screened and what type of specimens will be collected.
Most Littleton drug testing centers carry out tests for five common drug categories: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, phencyclidine (PCP), and opiates. Stronger drug tests can also be carried out at centers for additional categories like barbiturates, ethanol (alcohol), and benzodiazepines. The specimen used for these tests will vary on the reasoning behind each test.
The most commonly collected specimens for drug tests are:
- Urine: In drug testing, urine is the most commonly collected specimen. When a person consumes drugs or alcohol, their metabolism creates metabolites or structures that appear in their urine.
- Saliva: Saliva is the second most collected specimen for drug testing. While it can only display substance use for a short time, it is a fast and noninvasive way for drug testing.
- Blood: Blood testing is a more expensive method of testing and it also has an invasive nature. Blood testing is the most accurate specimen used for drug testing.
- Hair: The metabolites created by the body also travel to a person’s scalp and hair after a person consumes drugs. This makes hair testing unique, as it can permanently show a person’s drug use.
- Perspiration: With sweat testing, a person wears a patch for a two-week period to detect any drug use via perspiration. After the two weeks, a drug testing facility in Littleton will examine the patch.
Reliable Littleton drug testing centers will have the following characteristics:
- Accurate. The results of a drug test need to be 100 percent accurate. Reliable drug testing facilities in Littleton will be certified by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). There is a comprehensive list of HHS certified laboratories in the U.S. provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA).
- Private. The results of a person’s drug test can have massive implications on his or her personal and private life. The Littleton drug testing centers should not provide results to unauthorized individuals.
- Fast. A quick turnaround is usually needed for the results of a drug test. The drug testing facility you work with should be able to provide your results in a quick manner.
- Experienced. A reputable drug testing center will provide you with a seamless and professional experience while delivering fast and accurate results.
Some of the most common reasons people undergo drug tests are:
- Pre-Employment: Prior to being offered employment, it is not uncommon for companies to request potential employees to undergo drug screening.
- Annual Physical: An employer can request an employee to take a drug test as part of their annual physical exam.
- For-Cause and Reasonable Suspicion: If substance use appears to be affecting an individual in the workplace, a company can ask them to take a drug test.
- Post-Accident: Following an accident in the workplace involving an employee, an employer can request them to undergo a drug test to ensure substance use was not involved.
- Post-Treatment: When people complete a rehabilitation program, they are often required by enforcement officials, treatment providers, or officials to undergo drug testing to prove they are drug-free.
- Probation: When people are on probation, they must take regular drug tests. Failure to pass can lead to a prison sentence.
- Sports: For amateur, collegiate, or professional sporting events to be carried out safely and fairly, competing athletes can be asked to take regular drug tests.
- School: To ensure students can enjoy a drug-free learning environment, certain middle and high schools in America conduct random drug testing on their students.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
A quick online search for “drug testing facilities near me”, will bring up the Littleton drug testing centers in your area. If you use careful evaluation and reliable resources, it can help you find a reliable drug testing facility in your area.
- Talk to your doctors: As your doctors will be aware of your medical history and current situation, they should be able to refer to a suitable drug testing facility in Littleton.
- Contact your insurance provider: A representative from your insurance provider will be able to tell you which Littleton drug testing centers will accept your insurance.
- Do a Google search: If you Google “drug testing centers near me”, you will be able to read reviews provided by previous clients.
- Call The Recovery Village: Our representatives can recommend drug testing facilities in your area.
Littleton hotline representatives can recommend suitable drug testing facilities in the city. There are also additional online channels available for people who find it difficult speaking about their issue. You can reach out to our Recovery Village specialists at any time and they will gladly provide you with the information you need on drug testing facilities in Littleton.