Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Durango, Colorado
It is estimated that up to 54 million suffer from mental illness each year in America. In Durango, Colorado, mental health counselors and facilities are available throughout the city to help people manage illnesses like depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder.
Durango mental health programs can be helpful for people who are battling a substance use disorder like alcoholism in addition to a mental illness. To help combat these often co-curring disorders, there are many addiction treatment resources in the Durango area provided for people who are battling these two illnesses. If you need information on any of the mentioned support, you can use this guide to get an idea of the type of care available in Durango.
Mental Health Facilities in Durango, Colorado
It is important to know what mental health facilities you need to be researching as there are a lot of options in Durango from which to choose. When choosing a mental health facility, important factors like mental health history, substance abuse issues, and goals for counseling need to be considered. If you do an online search for “mental health facilities near me”, you will likely see the following options:
- Inpatient mental health facilities: With inpatient care, a patient will live on-site for a short period of time to be treated for an acute mental illness. The treatment provided at inpatient mental health facilities is suitable for patients who need help dealing with illnesses like bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), major depression, or schizoaffective disorder.
- Residential mental health facilities: With residential care, patients also stay on-site to receive treatment for complex mental illnesses. The treatment provided at residential mental health facilities is aimed at people battling illnesses such as schizophrenia, clinical depression, and severe bipolar disorder.
- Long-term mental health facilities: This long-term treatment is not available at mental health hospitals in Durango or at any short-term facilities. Patients often stay at these facilities for over a year where they work on their independence and self-sufficiency as part of a therapeutic community.
Mental health facilities in Durango are available to provide the necessary support to local residents dealing with difficult mental disorders. If you need to find a mental health facility in your area, you can use the SAMHSA treatment locator to see the options near you.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
The Durango mental health hospitals are equipped to provide immediate stabilization for people suffering from severe mental illnesses. This type of care can help individuals who are in danger of harming themselves and those around them. Durango residents can enroll voluntarily, or at the request of a loved one or a medical professional.
Short-term programs are provided to patients at mental health hospitals in Durango with a focus on medication management and crisis-aversion. This type of care is key in helping remove people from life-threatening situations as a direct result for their mental illness.
To find mental health hospitals in your area:
- Talk to your doctor: Your primary care physician will be aware of your medical history and therefore will be in a strong position to recommend a local mental health hospital for you.
- Contact your insurance provider: Your insurance company will have information on the Durango mental health hospitals that will accept your insurance.
- Consult with a mental health counselor: There are plenty of Durango mental health counselors that can refer you to suitable mental health hospitals in your area.
- Call The Recovery Village: Our associates can help you in your research for “mental health hospitals near me”.
If you need additional help getting set up with a Durango mental health hospital, you can use the following:
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: 1-800-950-NAMI
- SAMHSA’s mental health facility locator
Mental Health Programs Durango
There are abundant mental health counseling programs on offer in the Durango area. Residents battling mental illnesses can benefit from inpatient, residential, hospitalization, outpatient and intensive outpatient programs. The licensed Durango mental health counselors are trained to take on new roles and approaches for each client’s situation.
Durango’s intake coordinators and crisis counselors help educate residents on the available mental health programs and counselors across the city. It is not uncommon for mental health issues and substance abuse disorders to both affect certain individuals. As a result, there are dual-diagnosis programs available in Durango for people who are suffering from these combined illnesses. The Recovery Village specialists have all the necessary information on these programs.
Mental Health Counselor Durango, CO
Mental illness can be a debilitating process, especially if left untreated. Thankfully, a quick search for a “mental health counselor near me” will show you the wide array of options of care available across Durango. So, if you need help, or if a loved one is suffering from a mental illness, take comfort in the fact that help is available in your area.
There is a Durango hotline in place for residents to speak with representatives regarding local mental health counselors. We know it can be hard to talk to someone about a mental health issue; therefore, the Crisis Text Line at 741741 is also available for those who would prefer to use that method of communication.
Our representatives here at The Recovery Village can provide you with all the information you need on the co-occurring treatment programs to combat mental health and addiction disorders together. Thank you for coming to us to get information and support. We are ready and waiting to give you all the help you need. Call now!