Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Castle Rock, Colorado
Castle Rock has not been spared from the drug epidemic sweeping across Colorado and the rest of the United States. Due to the increase in drug and alcohol abuse, many business, organizations, and individuals find they are in need of Castle Rock drug testing centers.
With so many options for drug testing facilities, it may seem overwhelming to know which one to use. The staff at The Recovery Village® is here to help you find the right drug test center for your need. Additionally, our intake coordinators can discuss addiction treatment options in Castle Rock with you if you or a loved one struggles with substance abuse or addiction.
Castle Rock Drug Testing Centers
Before choosing a drug test facility, you first must understand what you need out of the drug testing facilities in Castle Rock. Some may specialize in a certain test type, or you may be asked to visit a particular facility by the business or organization requesting the test.
You do not have to suffer from drug abuse or addiction to need to visit one of the Castle Rock drug testing centers. Many employers now require employees to take drug tests as part of the hiring procedure, and you may also have to have routine or random screenings as a part of your job. Other reasons that may lead you or a loved one to one of the drug testing centers include:
- Sports: Many sports leagues from amateur to professional level require participants to have regular drug screenings to ensure that there is no drug or alcohol abuse or misuse of performance-enhancing drugs.
- School: It is common for schools to have random drug screenings as part of the fight against drugs on the campus.
- After rehab: As part of aftercare programs, sober living arrangements, or other post-treatment programs, you may need to have regular screenings to demonstrate continued abstinence.
- Probation: Many probation agreements require you to be substance-free, which must be proven through tests.
- Accidents: After an accident, you may need to demonstrate whether alcohol or drug use was involved by taking a drug test.
There may be other reasons why you need to search out places to take drug tests, regardless of your personal history with addiction or substance abuse.
Once you know why you are searching for drug testing facilities, you need to also know what type of test you need to take. Although many of the common tests are available anywhere, you may find that certain tests are only offered at specific drug testing facilities in Castle Rock.
The most common drug test is known as a 5-panel drug test. It screens for the five most commonly abused categories of drugs: cocaine, amphetamines, phencyclidine (PCP), marijuana, and opioids. There are also drug tests that screen for the other categories of abused substances, such as alcohol, barbiturates, and benzodiazepines. Which one you need depends on the substance you abuse or the ones for which your business, school, or organization is looking.
You also have a choice of specimens for the drug test. The most common one is a urine test, thanks to the non-invasive nature of the test and the accuracy it provides. The metabolites also stay in your system for a decent period of time as well, giving this test a larger window of use. The other choices include:
- Blood: The most accurate but not as widely used due to its cost and invasive nature.
- Saliva: Second most common because it is non-invasive; however, it has a short window of use.
- Hair: Not as commonly used, but it provides a long history of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Sweat: A newer testing method that collects two weeks of sweat with a special adhesive patch which is then analyzed for the presence of drugs.
In addition to the logistics of the type of test you need, there are four key features of Castle Rock drug testing centers to consider:
- Privacy: Because the results of your drug test have the potential to damage your personal and professional life, you want to use a facility with the strictest privacy regulations.
- Accurate: The last thing you need is a false positive ruining your life. Choose a facility certified by the Department of Health and Human Services to ensure it is an accurate and reliable facility. You can find certified labs through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) listings.
- Quick: Compare the turnaround time for labs and choose one that will get you the result quickly without sacrificing accuracy.
- Experience: The more experienced the lab, the less likely that you will encounter human error that may impact your results.
With this information, you should be able to find a location that will serve your needs with minimal additional hassle and stress.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
You have many ways to find drug testing facilities in Castle Rock. You can start with a quick internet search for “drug testing centers near me” to see what is available. You can also reach out to some resources that you already have:
- Friends and family members
- A doctor or another healthcare practitioner
- Insurance provider
If none of those places help, then contact The Recovery Village®. Our representatives can discuss your situation and help you find the right location for your drug test. We can also provide help in finding the right treatment facility if that is necessary for you or a loved one.