Substance Abuse Counseling in Broomfield, Colorado
Substance abuse counseling can be a powerful tool in helping those with substance use disorder in Broomfield, Colorado. Counseling helps a person better understand the psychological issues and emotional factors at play that may have contributed to their substance abuse issues. The Broomfield, Colorado area has many choices for people who are ready to get help from a licensed drug counselor or certified alcohol counselor, all with the goal of leading healthier, happier lives.
Broomfield, CO Addiction Counseling
A counselor’s role will involve listening to those suffering from substance use disorder, helping them in times of crisis, and offering guidance as they embark on the road to recovery. Counselors are licensed, certified professionals who are trained in:
- Chemical therapy
- Human behavior
- Therapeutic methods
Understanding the root causes of the addiction, including any physical and psychological issues that may be a contributing factor, is always one of the main goals of the therapy process.
Substance abuse counseling may include:
- Attending group therapy sessions
- Developing treatment goals and plans
- Learning positive coping mechanisms
- Receiving recommendations for 12-step programs or support groups
- Setting up aftercare or sober living plans
- Establishing a career and finding employment
When looking for a substance abuse counselor in Broomfield, Colorado, you should find someone who is compassionate, trustworthy, understanding of your needs, and willing and able to assist you at every stage of the recovery process.
Local Licensed Drug Counselor
A local, certified drug counselor can be a significant help to a person’s recovery, whether that person is battling drug addiction to opiates, stimulants, narcotics, or prescription medication. A drug counselor will listen, help the person identify contributing factors to the addiction, recommend support groups and assist the person in enrolling in a 12-step program. All of this underscores the need to find a local counselor who is familiar with the available resources.
You can find licensed counselors in the Broomfield, Colorado area with a variety of services, experiences, and credentials by using the online database of counselors provided by Psychology Today. If you are looking for a licensed drug counselor, rest assured that you can find one that will meet your needs.
Local Certified Alcohol Counselor
Similar to a drug counselor, a local, certified alcohol counselor helps people battling alcohol addiction. This includes helping individuals across the entire spectrum, from those struggling on a daily basis to those who have been on the road to recovery for some time.
It is important to receive the very best help possible, regardless of your stage in the recovery process. The National Association for Addiction Professionals provides a certification system to ensure clients receive the level of help and care they deserve, with administrators, counselors, and social workers required to be licensed by the state in order to become certified.
Drug Addiction Counselor Broomfield, CO
One of the most important factors in the recovery process is understanding the root causes of a person’s addiction, as well as coming to terms with the impact it has had on the person’s loved ones. Drug addiction counselors offer a safe, judgment-free environment for a person to discuss addiction and come to terms with these factors.
Finding the right counselor in Broomfield, Colorado, can be quite the challenge, due to the many options and services provided. The Recovery Village can help you or a loved one find the right option for you. Call us for assistance in taking the first step toward a healthier, drug-free life.
Substance Abuse Counseling Programs Near Me
If you or any of your loved one are seeking help, there are a number of factors to help you find the counselor that is the best fit for you. Some of these may be:
- Insurance Coverage. Finding a therapist that accepts your insurance coverage can help alleviate much of the stress associated with seeking treatment.
- 24-hour Hotlines. The Recovery Village proves 24-hour hotlines for alcohol and drug misuse to seek information on local resources.
- Doctor’s Recommendations. Medical experts often refer patients to qualified drug and alcohol counseling services and may have the best insight into what local counselors can provide the best help for a specific patient.
- Online Referrals. An online search may help locate local therapists, as well as customer reviews of their services.
- Personal Recommendations. One of the best sources of information is from people you know who have already gone through the process.
You can also call The Recovery Village to speak to a representative about counseling options. Talking with someone may be just what you need to start the process toward a happier life. Why not reach out today to find out about counselors in your area?