How Long Does Subsys Stay In Your System?
Subsys Addiction Hotline
24/7, Toll-Free, Confidential844-207-6576
- 1. Subsys (Fentanyl Sublingual Spray) Prescription Facts
- 2. Subsys Regulations
- 3. Most Commonly Abused Drugs Containing Fentanyl
- 4. How Subsys Affects The Brain And Body
- 5. Half-Life Of Subsys
- 6. Factors That Influence How Long Subsys Stays In Your System
- 7. How Long Does Subsys Stay In Your Urine, Hair And Blood?
Seeking addiction treatment can feel overwhelming. We know the struggle, which is why we're uniquely qualified to help.
Your call is confidential, and there's no pressure to commit to treatment until you're ready. As a voluntary facility, we're here to help you heal -- on your terms. Our sole focus is getting you back to the healthy, sober life you deserve, and we are ready and waiting to answer your questions or concerns 24/7.Speak with an Intake Coordination Specialist now.352.771.2700
- Research indicates drugs like fentanyl, which is the active ingredient in Subsys, stay in the system of older patients longer than younger ones. It can take twice as long for fentanyl to leave the system of an elderly patient as compared to a younger one.
- Body mass and body fat: Larger people with a high percentage of body fat are more likely to store fentanyl, so it will take longer to be eliminated from the system. However, a larger person with a lower amount of body fat is likely to eliminate fentanyl more quickly than a smaller person.
- Metabolism is important as well. Someone with a naturally fast metabolism will likely eliminate fentanyl or any other drug more quickly than someone with a slower metabolism.
- Hepatic function: People with hepatic impairment tend to take longer to eliminate substances from their body.
- Well-hydrated people may excrete Subsys more quickly.
- When fentanyl is taken in transmucosal form, as is the case with Subsys, this can affect elimination time as well.
The Recovery Village helps people rebuild their lives and recover from addiction. Learn more today.