Advanced Recovery Systems proudly announces the launch of Nobu, a mental wellness app with a suite of tools and professional one-on-one counseling directly through the app. Anyone can use Nobu to help improve their mental health and become a better version of themself.
Table of Contents
What Is Nobu?
Nobu is a free, comprehensive mental health app that helps users learn about mental health, set wellness goals and track their progress. Users can customize their mental wellness journey with different features, including:
- AI-Powered Bot helping you to navigate through your Journey and measure progress
- Industry-standard clinical assessments for mental health conditions
- Hundreds of mental health lessons and webinars
- Journaling & mood tracking
- Goal setting and tracking
- Yoga meditation and breathing techniques
- Sleep sounds
People who need more support can also schedule and attend online therapy sessions with a licensed mental health professional through the app or communicate with their therapist through a confidential messages feature. Like traditional in-person therapy, costs associated with working with a Nobu teletherapist may be covered by insurance.
Why Did We Create Nobu?
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the need for mental health resources became even more urgent.
- 75% of workers reported experiencing mental health symptoms during the pandemic.
- Nearly 1 in 5 people who contracted COVID-19 later developed a psychiatric disorder, such as anxiety, depression or insomnia.
- Approximately 33% of U.S. counties have no records of licensed psychologists, and 77% had “severe shortages” of psychiatrists and other behavioral health providers.
Left untreated, mental health symptoms can negatively impact nearly all aspects of a person’s life. To provide effective relief for mental health symptoms, Nobu was developed by physicians and mental health experts using evidence-based principles of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), mindfulness and meditation. Nobu will help more people get the help they need to take good care of their mental health, regardless of where they live.
Nobu & Advanced Recovery Systems
Advanced Recovery Systems developed Nobu to support the overall mental wellness of its users and increase visibility and access to mental health resources. Nobu is a secure, stigma-free platform that is fully HIPAA-compliant and supplements other behavioral health programs at The Recovery Village facilities, including:
- Outpatient teletherapy services: Therapists on the Nobu app can offer online therapy and medication management for patients recovering from substance use disorders.
- Aftercare services: Patients graduating from treatment at The Recovery Village can use Nobu as part of a comprehensive aftercare plan that can lead to better long-term outcomes.
- HR programs and employee assistance programs (EAPS): Investing in mental health pays dividends in retaining employees, reducing turnover costs and overall productivity.
Advanced Recovery Systems can help employers integrate Nobu into an existing HR program or EAP or develop these employee resources. Learn how Nobu supports employees’ mental wellness by visiting Nobu.ai.
American Psychological Association. “Datapoint: Where are the highest concentrations of licensed psychologists?” March 2016. Accessed July 30, 2021.
National Council for Mental Wellbeing. “The Psychiatric Shortage: Causes and Solutions.” March 1, 2018. Accessed July 30, 2021.