Subutex addiction and abuse
CauseSubutex falls within the opiate family and is commonly utilized to treat opiate addiction. This drug however can become highly addictive in the process and lead to abuse. The more consistently an individual uses Subutex the more likely they are to establish a tolerance to the effects of the drug and therefore require larger quantities of it. Abuse of Subutex can result in physical and psychological dependencies that negatively impact an individual’s health.
Subutex Withdrawal SymptomsSubutex detox can result in significant psychological symptoms that may need the assistance of a medical health care professional. If you’re suffering from Subutex addiction, you don’t need to suffer alone. With the help of our medical professionals and the other resources available to you, a life of sobriety is very possible. The following are common signs and symptoms associated with Subutex detox: Physical Symptoms
- Physical craving of the drug
- Appetite changes
- High blood pressure
- Intense muscle pain
- Body aches
- Flu-like symptoms
- Cold sweats
- Mood swings
- Physical assessment by a medical health professional
- Mental health diagnosis
- In patient treatment – a non- judgmental and secure environment that provides support to the individual struggling to achieve sobriety. The individual is taught essential tools to improve independence and increase success in recovery. With the help from trained medical health professionals you can achieve sobriety and have support through the detox process.
- Outpatient treatment – a structured treatment plan and environment that supports an individual in achieving sobriety but that also allows the individual to maintain their current life obligations.
- Sober living facilities – a secure environment in which individuals accept one another, support one another in recovery, and live a life of sobriety in unison.
- Individual therapy – provides individual support in the process of rehabilitation and recovery
- Group therapy – has been shown to increase success rates for detox patients in various clinical studies
- 12 step programs – support programs like 12-step have been shown to significantly decrease the occurrence of relapse in drug abuse patients.
- Sober living facilities – sober living can be challenging for anyone, being surrounded with people who are struggling to achieve the same goal can be comforting and contribute to successful recovery.
Have more questions about Subutex abuse?Read the most frequently asked questions
Seeking addiction treatment can feel overwhelming. We know the struggle, which is why we're uniquely qualified to help.
Your call is confidential, and there's no pressure to commit to treatment until you're ready. As a voluntary facility, we're here to help you heal -- on your terms. Our sole focus is getting you back to the healthy, sober life you deserve, and we are ready and waiting to answer your questions or concerns 24/7.Speak with an Intake Coordination Specialist now.352.771.2700