Finding an Interventionist in Loveland, Colorado
Contrary to what you may have seen on TV, an intervention is a respectful process that is done with the utmost care and planning. Hiring an interventionist in Loveland can help you ensure that this is the case.
An intervention serves a two-fold purpose. Its main focus will be getting your loved one to choose to enter a structured substance abuse treatment program in Loveland or in the surrounding area. The secondary purpose is to help your entire family regain its equilibrium and get back to living a normal life.
Because an intervention is held to benefit both the addicted person and the family, it is important to choose a Loveland interventionist whose personality meshes well with the person who is the subject of the intervention. Even if an interventionist has the best possible credentials, if his or her personality will rub your family members the wrong way, your intervention will be less likely to be successful. Personality matters.
Remember that an intervention in Loveland is an intensely personal and emotional experience, so consider with which professional you want to share that experience. Here are some questions you can ask to help you vet potential interventionists:
- What experience do you have dealing with the substance to which our loved one is addicted?
- What is your success rate for getting people into addiction treatment?
- How would you describe your approach to an intervention?
- What are your expectations for what we should do to prepare?
- What will happen if our loved one does not choose treatment?
- What will happen if our loved one does choose treatment?
- What will happen after the intervention?
Drug Intervention Counselor in Loveland, CO
Before you can convince a loved one to seek addiction treatment, you must take a long, hard look at your own attitudes and behaviors regarding addiction. That is difficult to do, and that is where a drug intervention counselor in Loveland can help.
Many addicts, either intentionally or unwittingly, groom their families to support their addiction. Gradually, family members learn how to keep a loved one comfortable in addiction rather than providing healthy boundaries.
A drug intervention counselor can help you identify enabling behaviors, codependent behaviors, and accountability to see where improvement is needed and to help you reset appropriate boundaries with your loved one. Once this happens, your family is in a better position to help that loved one get into treatment and move into recovery.
Loveland, CO Drug and Addiction Intervention Counselors
Every intervention counselor in Loveland has his or her own style and method of working. However, in general, any intervention employs these three steps:
- The Initial Consultation: Counselors begin with a call or personal meeting with family members to learn about the person for whom the intervention is planned and the reasons why he or she is comfortable with addiction. This is also the step wherein a counselor will help the entire family get on the same page regarding the intervention process and the need for intervention.
- Family Addiction Education: Those families may live with an addict, that does not mean that they understand anything about the disease. An intervention counselor educates the family regarding how addiction affects the physical, emotional, and mental health of their loved one and how the family can learn to guide that loved one into treatment and support his or her recovery after treatment ends.
- The Actual Intervention: Once the interventionist is confident that the family has the needed information and the family is comfortable with the process, the interventionist will recommend acting quickly to have the intervention. There is rarely any reason to wait to get your loved one the treatment he or she needs.
Alcohol Intervention Near Me
Alcohol abuse is a growing problem in the United States, and it is something that families want to address the moment the problem becomes evident. Alcohol abuse is dangerous to the client and their loved ones. Before the client loses everything to alcohol abuse, the family can bring in an interventionist to make sure their loved one gets help.
An experienced alcohol intervention counselor understands the medical and psychological issues your loved one is facing. If the alcohol abuse has been going on for some time, then there might be medical issues that have to be addressed before alcohol abuse treatment can begin. Many treatment facilities are equipped to treat all aspects of alcohol abuse, and your interventionist will know which facilities are right for your loved one.
An intervention is a very important moment for a family that is concerned for the health and safety of a loved one. The right interventionist can help guide the family through the process and put together an intervention that can hopefully convince the loved one to get the help needed. Reach out to The Recovery Village to find interventionists and other addiction treatment options in the Loveland area.